It's not an algorithm, it's a blacklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
interesting to see. gotta walk the fine line i suppose, but it's crazy how much they can regulate what content is trending/viewed.

Reactions: Steverd

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In some circumstances, there is no apparent reason for demonetizing. Take this video that was demonetized, confirmed by manual review. There was no chance to even appeal it, it just went to that state. Nothing is more innocent than this video, it's kids opening Barbie toys. A few months ago I would have emailed our Yt account manager, but these days they don't reply, so it's pretty pointless.

View attachment 40915
How in the world could they even find that video inappropriate, it doesn’t make sense at all!

Gamie

Reaction score
sometimes i dont even get the algorightm at all,people with crap videos getting viral,legit contents getting flagged,demonetised.and this new advertiser friendly rule is complete crap.

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
In case it hasn't been said in 6 pages. Google is using AI to auto demonetize vids. It's still in the early stages of learning so it's taking a wider brush than normal.

It's half for reasons of $$, the other half is propaganda. You can see from h3h3's latest vid that Youtube's rules don't apply to everyone.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've had a couple get demonetised as soon as i uploaded, and they were all innocent. One was for a pull apart pizza bread! Lol. To be fair though, I requested a manual review and they were monetised within hours. Just a glitchy algorithm I guess.

Rogpalmeruk

Reaction score
I've uploaded 4 videos today, 2 of which got hit.. 3 in 24 hours... videos based on Disney's Gigantic movie, Disney's Movie anywhere program and allowing dogs at Walt disney world!!!! hardly offensive content!!! i make disney content and even that's too risky it seems..

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
We're locking this thread now as it seems to have evolved into people posting just to say their videos have been demonetized or whatever and the thread isn't really going anywhere.

There is a centralised containment thread for all discussion about videos getting demonetized and/or having to be manually reviewed here -> http://yttalk.com/threads/not-suitable-for-all-advertisers-under-review-discussion-here-only.266712/unread

Any other threads about demonetization / manual reviews etc etc will be locked / deleted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.