It's not an algorithm, it's a blacklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've had two videos that literally could be watched by children (in fact my whole channel is geared up for LEGO fans of all ages) who are interested in LEGO Star Wars get the yellow icon. Once I appealed they went green again, both within a couple of days.

I don't mind this process now, if this is how it is. I'm sure if I missed out on mega millions in a two day period I'd be more bothered, but that might only affect the very largest channels.

They've obviously got the biggest task on their hands with trying to get large advertisers to have the confidence to trust the platform again. Automation is the only way, and it's going to be fallible for a time.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'll have to look at my account and see if any of mine got demonetized

Agufish

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Just got two of my latest videos demonetized. They're reviews about guitars. They violate literally none of the guidelines, I don't even swear in them. The second video in question is only scheduled, it hasn't even been released yet and already it's been denied appeal. What in the heck?

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How does this work? Just uploaded a video about M&M's and it demonetized. Not a single curse word.
How are they getting flagged? I will either Request Manual Review, or delete and re upload and see if it get's flagged again.
Thoughts?

Krow

I've Got It
Reaction score
How does this work? Just uploaded a video about M&M's and it demonetized. Not a single curse word.
How are they getting flagged? I will either Request Manual Review, or delete and re upload and see if it get's flagged again.
Thoughts?
Request the review. Maybe in the past you uploaded something that violated TOS

Reactions: Steverd

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
I really hope it's just a temporary issue in the wake of ad boycott and things will get back to normal soon. I just started, don't even have 10k views for monetization.

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone seen Razorfist's video demonstrating this?

watch?v=Ei6rzwo7BrU
I just saw it, and I think I believe there is a blacklist. I curse all the time in my videos, rant, rave, and say a bunch of things, but haven't gotten on that list. Yes, something is going on in the YouTube world, and I rarely Share my vids to Google+. Perhaps I never should, given what is going on. I would be a prime target, because my content is not mainstream, and we're definitely being targeted in #AmeriKKKa! I also don't get thousands of views, so perhaps I'm not a threat to YouTube bank accounts, and that's why they leave me alone. Wow, just wow.

YoungWildMe3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, that happened to us to and was a fun family friendly video. I noticed it disappeared a few days later though,.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Darn, I thought it was over, but my latest Mcdonalds Buttermilk Crispy Tenders video was just flagged as "Not suitable for Most Videos". Argh. What do you think got it flagged? Is it my keywords or other creatures trying to reduce competition?

My Keywords are:
mcdonalds buttermilk crispy tenders,mcdonalds,buttermilk,crispy,tenders,food,fast food,fast food reviews,food review,food reviews,mcdonald's buttermilk tenders,mcdonald's buttermilk crispy chicken,mcdonald's buttermilk chicken,buttermilk chicken mcdonald's,buttermilk fried chicken mcdonald's,mukbang,chicken nuggets,Mcdonald,fried chicken,burger king,mcnuggets,restaurant,Mcdonalds nuggets,Burgers,Fast Food review,mcdonalds buttermilk chicken tenders,mcdonald's

THOUGHTS PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.