It's hard to start a solid YouTube career.

AFlyingRadish

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This has been really draining me for the past few days, if not weeks. How exactly do you become a successful youtuber?

To me success isn't measured in the amount of people you have subscribed but in the quality of those you have subscribed to you. Of course this is easier said than actually applied to all situations. Wouldn't we all love a big fat viewer count and a hefty amount of subscribers?

Well! That's just it. I am starting to realize that this is way harder than previously thought. I am coming into something where thousands of other people and partaking, making this extremely difficult to capitalize on certain topics (a new game release), or to actually bring viewership to my channel.

I just really wanted to post this to get my feelings out because I am passionate about what I do. I think that there are plenty of other people out there equally as passionate. This goes out to all of you and I want to know something.

Do you currently have difficulty bringing people to your channel? OR. Have you had prior trouble bringing people to your channel?

Just some thoughts. Much love everyone. <3

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

TkDw Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
"Do you currently have difficulty bringing people to your channel? OR. Have you had prior trouble bringing people to your channel?"

YES! The people who do watch us really enjoy us, but we can't get many people to watch. Yes, I'm utilizing all the social media out there, it doesn't help. We've been vlogging for almost a year and we only have 132 subscribers. A lot of them aren't even active, they're just some people from when I foolishly spent some time on a sub4sub Facebook group. It would not surprise me if only maybe 20 of our subscribers actually watch, based on the views on each video. I'm not going to give up, but it gets frustrating.

JayyDaGawd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Youtube is just full of content creators therefore it is going to be always hard to get your youtube channel out there... Just my opinion though

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Moved this here for you :)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is why you don't start YouTube for a career. You do it because you want to create, and if it turns into something then hey, win win. If it doesn't it's still the best hobby in the world. You get to connect with like-minded individuals and you can put content out there for people to watch.

You can't do anything others have done already. In order to make it on YouTube you got to have that thing that makes you stand out from everybody else. And guess what? Like actors in Hollywood you either got IT or you don't. And the majority (myself included at this point in time). don't. You either accept that fact or not. If you don't it will bleed into your content and you will failsauce even harder than you already do.

JayyDaGawd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
That is why you don't start YouTube for a career. You do it because you want to create, and if it turns into something then hey, win win. If it doesn't it's still the best hobby in the world. You get to connect with like-minded individuals and you can put content out there for people to watch.

You can't do anything others have done already. In order to make it on YouTube you got to have that thing that makes you stand out from everybody else. And guess what? Like actors in Hollywood you either got IT or you don't. And the majority (myself included at this point in time). don't. You either accept that fact or not. If you don't it will bleed into your content and you will failsauce even harder than you already do.
I couldn't agree with you anymore! well said and 100% in my opinion correct

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Games have been done to death on youtube, off course most people will struggle with games because how many people are there that want to subscribe to a million different people doing the same thing?

When do people actually play the game itself?
I can't think of anything more boring then watching someone else play a game, why wouldn't I just play my own game in that time?

There's already popular people like pewdipie who has it covered and it's done, over, finished.
It's about the least creative thing on youtube I can imagine, videoing a screen with a game.
if it was your own game you created then that would be different.

So just doing exactly what a million others are doing is a waste of time in my opinion.
well it may not be a waste of time to you gamers but how on earth can you expect people to be interested in your version?

If you have an extremely magnetic personality then at least do vlogs and show that.

That's another one I can't get, average and relatively boring people who can't understand why they don't get subs to their vlog, well, your just 1 person in 6.5 billion so aside from your friends or family, who really cares what you think.

So my point is, first get a life, work out where your interests are and video that, collecting something, building something, making friggin cupcakes even, anything aside from talking about yourself or playing games.

It's really simple, I am amazed at how many people there are just in this forum all doing the exact same thing.

Yep, your subs are either sympathy subs or from sub4sub related people.
youtube isn't for everyone, and if you don't have anything different to video then perhaps just be a sub to videos that are already available until you have lived a little and can come up with your own idea.

Reactions: peasandham and LJay

JayyDaGawd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Games have been done to death on youtube, off course most people will struggle with games because how many people are there that want to subscribe to a million different people doing the same thing?

When do people actually play the game itself?
I can't think of anything more boring then watching someone else play a game, why wouldn't I just play my own game in that time?

There's already popular people like pewdipie who has it covered and it's done, over, finished.
It's about the least creative thing on youtube I can imagine, videoing a screen with a game.
if it was your own game you created then that would be different.

So just doing exactly what a million others are doing is a waste of time in my opinion.
well it may not be a waste of time to you gamers but how on earth can you expect people to be interested in your version?

If you have an extremely magnetic personality then at least do vlogs and show that.

That's another one I can't get, average and relatively boring people who can't understand why they don't get subs to their vlog, well, your just 1 person in 6.5 billion so aside from your friends or family, who really cares what you think.

So my point is, first get a life, work out where your interests are and video that, collecting something, building something, making friggin cupcakes even, anything aside from talking about yourself or playing games.

It's really simple, I am amazed at how many people there are just in this forum all doing the exact same thing.

Yep, your subs are either sympathy subs or from sub4sub related people.
youtube isn't for everyone, and if you don't have anything different to video then perhaps just be a sub to videos that are already available until you have lived a little and can come up with your own idea.
Holy cow!!! I am surprised to see this posted... i have heard people think this but never type and preach about this

Reactions: V3XL0R

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
While it may be hard to start, the key to getting started is being unique. Like weeban said, gaming has been done to death on youtube, but most people who watch gaming videos come for the youtuber, not the actual games. What I'm saying is, regardless of genre, you need to stand out from the crowd!

Reactions: V3XL0R