It usually always works out

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you ever record a video and right after you think to yourself this isn’t as good as my last video, but some how that video does a lot better than the one you thought would?

I’ve had that happen a lot of times with videos. the ones I put more thought into it before I film sometimes doesn’t always do as good as ones that I just think of right on the spot and i think to myself wow no one is going to like it, but usually it get more likes and views. But that’s probably because I always second guess myself worrying if my videos aren’t good enough and I always rewatch my videos over and over again in my editor before i even upload the file to youtube because I want to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes before I even think about uploading it to youtube.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
for sure. most of my video's that do really well I thought sucked. the ones where I thought ok I nailed it on this one this video is awesome the viewers don't seem to agree...lol

Reactions: Courtney Candice

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh yeah - almost every time.
I could make a poor video / poor SEO etc and it booms.
I will make a followup / much better SEO etc and it bombs.
I have now accepted that there is no rhyme or reason with my uploads. I just keep uploading every other day waiting for YouTube to pick one and send it out to everyone.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh yeah - almost every time.
I could make a poor video / poor SEO etc and it booms.
I will make a followup / much better SEO etc and it bombs.
I have now accepted that there is no rhyme or reason with my uploads. I just keep uploading every other day waiting for YouTube to pick one and send it out to everyone.
I always see if you use good discriptions that it will help but one of videos I didn’t have A discription for is one my most watched videos and it shows up on the first page if you search for the title and there is so many videos on that topic but yet it still shows up and gets views

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I feel this so much! It happened with my most popular video. On the one hand I look back on it and think if I had known it would be so popular I would have done it better! On the other hand it's kind of one of those things where it's the realization that when perfectionism wasn't in the way I completed something that others enjoy. So, it kind of brought me to the more laid-back but consistent (right now, daily) approach. Maybe one of these daily videos will get a boost? You just never know what's going to get attention and what isn't.

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
This happens all the time when I go back through the footage. But I just have to tell myself that I CAN make it into the good footage and I use editing and proper promotion to make it worthwhile for my viewers. If I need to add extra content I will go and film some extra stuff before shipping the final video. It's a long process but that is why it takes some people a week or so to publish new videos.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yup... I don't understand why the less effort and thought I put into something, the better it does, haha! xD I remember specifically thinking, "wow, this kind of stinks. and it's kind of annoying lol. oh well." *uploads anyway and goes to bed* for my currently most-watched video. :eek: