Issues With OBS and choppy recordings.

Berkeli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hello all,

I'm kinda new here and already finding some great tips for a beginner. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with recording issues I've been having.

My laptop specs:
Aorus X7 v2 (i7-6820hk, gtx 1070, 20gb RAM, 512 GB m.2 ssd)

Now I love OBS and used to record with it on my previous laptop, but since I got the new laptop OBS is just not friendly with me. I record in 1440p(60fps), 30000 kbs, NVENC and the recordings come out really choppy (1-2 fps).

I tried recording in bandicam 1440p(60fps), 390 000 kbs (yes!), NVENC - and everything is perfectly fine. And even adding a webcam layout doesn't affect anything - it's all great.

I have now tried tweaking settings left and right, tried x264 software, tried reinstalling OBS but nothing seems to help.

As I was running out of options - I decided to buy xsplit broadcaster. Set it up, with similar settings and voila - I have choppy videos yet again.

Hopefully someone has idea of what's going on as I'm running out of my options..

I love bandicam but it doesn't give me a lot of options, and to edit videos from bandicam I have to convert them to avoid audio desync and etc.

Thank you in advance for your input.