Issues with Headphones / Mic

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Hi guys,

I'm feeling a bit discouraged and I need a bit of help.

I bought this computer (monitor and tower) for gaming. I have a wonderful headset with microphone, but I can't use it because it has four jacks and a usb port, and my computer doesn't have that many. The monitor has built-in speakers, but if I plug in regular headphones in the tower, the sound will still be heard without headphones.

Here's their specs so that you guys understand:

Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270 27 Inch FHD IPS Gaming Monitor
27in .
Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Brightness 250cd/m2.
Contrast ratio 100000000:1.
Pixel pitch 0.31mm.
Built-in speakers.
Suitable for wall mounting.
Interfaces and connectivity:

Audio in, d-Sub, 1 DisplayPort, VGA.
Analogue input and digital input.
Speaker power 2 x 2 watts RMS.

Tower: Acer Nitro N50-600 i5 8GB 1TB 128GB GTX1050 Gaming PC
CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i58400 processor.
Hex core processor.
Processor speed 2.8GHz.
8GB RAM DDR4.
Hard drive:

1TB.
128GB .
Hard drive speed 7200RPM.
Graphics:

NVIDIA GTX 10 series GTX1050 with 2GB memory GDDR5.
Interfaces and connectivity:

SD media card reader.
4 x USB 2.0 ports.
Ethernet port.
1 HDMI port.
1 VGA port.
1 DVI port.
Bluetooth.
Wireless/Wi-Fi enabled.

If I plug headphones into the monitor (there is one jack), then the sound can be heard only via the headphones.

I feel a bit disappointed because it seems like the universe is sending me all of these hiccups so that I don't make videos and launch my channel. I've spent a lot of money on this to make it happen (my old laptop couldn't support gaming, and I needed a better computer in general).

I've searched online, and the majority of headsets have all lots of jacks, ports, and adapters. Is there a headset (with microphone) that has ONE single cable and jack, so that I can connect it to the monitor and do recordings?

It seems like an impossible quest... :(

Justinlp35

Reaction score
Hello, I'll try and do my best to help you out here. I believe what you need is an adapter. I found one on amazon that has 3 jacks and 3 USBs.
Adapter
It is another $25 bucks (free shipping though!!), but that would save you from needing to buy a new mic/headset. I hope we can connect via dms or discord, because I want to help you along this process of starting your channel as much as I can.

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Hello, I'll try and do my best to help you out here. I believe what you need is an adapter. I found one on amazon that has 3 jacks and 3 USBs.
Adapter
It is another $25 bucks (free shipping though!!), but that would save you from needing to buy a new mic/headset. I hope we can connect via dms or discord, because I want to help you along this process of starting your channel as much as I can.
Hi, that's a lot helpful, thank you. :)

Here's a picture of my headphones. It's not a very flattering photo, but at least I can show you what I'm talking about. As you can see, there are four different jacks (don't know if their colours mean anything) and one usb. Amazon UK doesn't have the one you linked, but is that the kind of adapter I need to look for (and that has four jack ports)?

EDIT: Apparently the only USB on the monitor is to connect the monitor to the tower, there are no other USBs available. :( I guess there is no solution, then...

Last edited:

Justinlp35

Reaction score
Not sure if it is the right adapter, but with that headset finder and adapter is likely your best option. Sorry, I could not help more I really hope you find the solution!

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Not sure if it is the right adapter, but with that headset finder and adapter is likely your best option. Sorry, I could not help more I really hope you find the solution!
It's ok, I really appreciate your help. I suppose I would have to get that adapter, plus a multi usb port to connect to the monitor? So, if the multi usb port thingy is attached to the tower, and the and the monitor is connected to the thingy, it should work, right?

Any other members want to give it a go?

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Bumping this up.

Can anyone else help? I really want to find a solution, but all of the adapters I've found on Amazon have a max of three jacks, and I need one with four.

Does anyone know what the colours refer to? I've had a look at the back of the tower and there are three jacks, green, pink, and blue. The headset doesn't have blue, so I wouldn't know where to plug in the orange and black one...

Last edited: