Issues with growth on my variety channel Any obvious issues?

speakpixels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've had my channel since 2011 but started uploading for VEDA 2015 and have been a bit sparratic posting since then. I've committed myself to uploading at least once a month and spent a good amount of time crafting what I think is a pretty cool trailer and thumbnails and header but my sub count and views are stagnant. Is there anything that sticks out that could be hurting me? How is my trailer, thumbs and overall channel/topic aesthetic?

mermaidmama

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Shawn! I just came across your post as I'm attempting VEDA (but for August lol). I think your channel is so awesome! I can tell you put a LOT of work into it and your editing is really great. I would say maybe try putting your upload playlist at the top with all of your newest videos. If I hadn't read your post here I would have thought you hadn't posted in awhile and may not have subscribed. Honestly I think you just need to stay consistent, which I know is tough...currently struggling here, but your style is really cool and unique. I would totally stay with it and try to post more if you can. I really love your channel! Best of luck!

Kenyan Kween

Reaction score
Hi! I really love the content of your videos and I think you bring up interesting topics. However, I have noticed a few logistical issues. Some of the videos have sound that isn't the greatest, and that can be distracting. Also some of the topics that you pick for your videos aren't exactly typical topics I feel like many people search for, thus making your videos very niche. But I think you have put in great work so far.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had my channel since 2011 but started uploading for VEDA 2015 and have been a bit sparratic posting since then. I've committed myself to uploading at least once a month and spent a good amount of time crafting what I think is a pretty cool trailer and thumbnails and header but my sub count and views are stagnant. Is there anything that sticks out that could be hurting me? How is my trailer, thumbs and overall channel/topic aesthetic?
Hi Shawn, great channel!
You should focus more on tech repairs and reviews. You have one video - where you fix the heaphones with 23K views!
I think that's where your audience is!

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't see too much wrong with your channel. Your thumbnails are good, your banner is good, your editing is good and your content is good. I think all you need to do is upload more frequently. It's fine for a large channel to upload once or twice a month but for a smaller channel, you should be pushing for at least one upload a week to get that momentum going. I'm sure with more frequent uploads your channel will flourish! Best of luck! :)