Issue with Channel Art...

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I've created some channel art and I am having an issue where when I add the channel art on my YouTube channel it wants to zoom in a lot and cuts off some of the stuff in the picture.

Is there anyway around this?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Last edited:

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The easiest way to sort this out is to find a Youtube Channel Art template online. Make sure your artwork fits the template- and then you shouldn't have any more problems.

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Cool thnx I normally use Canva and do the youtube art and then add in my own stuff, but it works wonders when I first add it on there and then I exit out of the yt app and go back in and it zooms in so much on my channel art and cuts half the stuff off.

It looks great when I'm on the computer, but when I go to my phone it just looks eh.

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Cool thnx I normally use Canva and do the youtube art and then add in my own stuff, but it works wonders when I first add it on there and then I exit out of the yt app and go back in and it zooms in so much on my channel art and cuts half the stuff off.
I think the issue may be because channel art looks slightly different depending on whether you are viewing it on a phone/ console/ PC. Most templates show you which zones will show up on which platforms.

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thnx for that info :) I guess I skipped through that part maybe when uploading it and was just hoping for it to be perfect on the first try, but nothing is perfect in the world.

Reactions: TwoTakes

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It could be 2 other things to consider.
Some new channels have rolled out with different banner sizing.
And I updated one of mine a month or so ago and it zoomed in and looked crap. Couldnt figure it out and left it as is. From the following day YT showed it correctly? Meh

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It could be 2 other things to consider.
Some new channels have rolled out with different banner sizing.
And I updated one of mine a month or so ago and it zoomed in and looked crap. Couldnt figure it out and left it as is. From the following day YT showed it correctly? Meh

Alright, I'll check it out. But, if I log onto an actual computer and go to yt it shows up perfectly, but once I get on my cellphone it just zooms in way too much on it and looks meh...

Thank for that info tho bro :) I'll definitely check up on it and see if that is the cause.

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you :) I think I've got it all good now tho lol

KYCnick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I had to get my friend to do it and still it wasn't even perfect.

It was the most frustrating thing ever. I just let it be a corner of blue nothing.
IDK why they make it so hard to crop.