Is Youtube's SEO Broken?

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Everyone says tags and descriptions matter while being a small youtuber, but it BARELY helps, I don't get any views from tags. Opinions?
Performing well in search results isn't just about SEO. It's also about content strategy. Just to name a couple of scenarios: You can have the best tags, descriptions, titles, etc. but if only a small population is searching for those terms, then very little are going to see your stuff. If people do happen to click and your content isn't compelling enough for them, then they're going to bounce off your video without watching it fully, which then affects your rankings negatively.

Reactions: Crown

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Performing well in search results isn't just about SEO. It's also about content strategy. Just to name a couple of scenarios: You can have the best tags, descriptions, titles, etc. but if only a small population is searching for those terms, then very little are going to see your stuff. If people do happen to click and your content isn't compelling enough for them, then they're going to bounce off your video without watching it fully, which then affects your rankings negatively.
I agree with all of that,