Is Youtube's SEO Broken?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Tags are only a tiny factor in SEO. If it were that easy, everyone would be on the front page right? :) Since there are only a few limited spaces on the front page, it's logical that there must be other factors in play to help the algorithm differentiate between which videos deserve the top 10 spots. A huge factor is audience retention, for example. There's no better way in determining which videos are "good" than watch time.

I suggest you check out the SEO section for more info about it -> http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-marketing-strategy-seo.88/

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool. Thank you for advice. Yes it was logic to me tags are just a fraction, but i am learning. And like i said this is the place to be

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just because it hasn't worked for you yet doesn't mean that it's a broken system altogether. It takes time, not to mention you're constantly in competition with millions of other people every second of every day.

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agreed with you. For every move on YouTube it needs time to see if it works. But generally we have same opinion :)

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's really tough, for be, to figure out. I stick hard with tubebuddy and it's done ok so far

OburnE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got the tags from one of your video
welcome to my channel, funny, minecraft, speedrun, speedrun marathon, speedrunners, minecraft song, minecraft school, minecraft videos, minecraft story mode, minecraft animation, minecraft bed wars, bed wars, minecraft minigame, minecraft minigame bed wars, salty tryhard,

I'm not sure if you are using the tags efficiently, Have you checked other channels doing similar videos to yours. Also, where do you want to rank your video? If I were you I would try to put that keyword in title tag and description. I wouldn't put "welcome to my channel, funny, minecraft, speedrun," into tags.

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got the tags from one of your video
welcome to my channel, funny, minecraft, speedrun, speedrun marathon, speedrunners, minecraft song, minecraft school, minecraft videos, minecraft story mode, minecraft animation, minecraft bed wars, bed wars, minecraft minigame, minecraft minigame bed wars, salty tryhard,

I'm not sure if you are using the tags efficiently, Have you checked other channels doing similar videos to yours. Also, where do you want to rank your video? If I were you I would try to put that keyword in title tag and description. I wouldn't put "welcome to my channel, funny, minecraft, speedrun," into tags.
i wasnt really sure for that vid, I'm gonna change them rn actually.

elasticcat

Reaction score
Agree with other comments, tags are just small piece of the puzzle. There are a ton of factors that play into overall video search engine optimization (SEO).

For Example

1. Video
2. Video Description (Very Important)
3. Closed Captions
4. Cards/Annotations
5. Off Page SEO (Backlinks, Social Engagement)
6. Watch Time, Likes, Comments etc

I put together an entire course on how to do all of this so I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Reactions: AmuseYourBrain

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agree with other comments, tags are just small piece of the puzzle. There are a ton of factors that play into overall video search engine optimization (SEO).

For Example

1. Video
2. Video Description (Very Important)
3. Closed Captions
4. Cards/Annotations
5. Off Page SEO (Backlinks, Social Engagement)
6. Watch Time, Likes, Comments etc

I put together an entire course on how to do all of this so I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
will look at your guide ;)