Is YouTubes new CROWDFUNDING feature good? Anyone here tried it yet?

You could go that route, but Patreon allows you make a page, posts, vids, membership areas etc. You could ask for Paypal funding as well, but it does not offer the extras. Patreon tries to make a community (I am not sure how well it works, but they try). I have a Patreon link and a Paypal link in my YT description and on my blog. May as well use both. I recommend Patreon for monthly sponsors and Paypal for one time donations.

Thanks. Yeah, the whole giving people digital trinkets in exchange for money, seems kind of silly to me. I want to offer real value.

My case may be a little different than most. My goal is for my channel to fund my videos. To make the kind of videos I really want to make for my channel, I need to be able to travel internationally to do the shoots. I want to do a documentary series in the Amazon. I have access to Amazonian tribes that nobody else has. I want to go and make videos about all of their jungle skills and crafts. From the making of bows and arrows, carving dugout canoes, house building, jungle food gathering, etc, etc, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Right now I cannot afford to do this out of pocket, because my channel just does not earn nearly enough to do this. So, I make videos about what I can, where I am at (Texas) which is growing my channel slowly, but I really want to start making the kind of videos that my channel is supposed to be about ASAP. What I want to do is ask my subs to start contributing to a fund to finance these trips. What they get in return is amazing footage they will never see anywhere else.

Back