Is YouTube Partnership/Monetization important?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are your thoughts when it comes to this, do you think being able to monetize your videos on YouTube is important as well as becoming a partner? What would you do if you weren't able to monetize your videos any more because you were banned by Adsense? Anyone got a back up plan?

Personally for me I wouldn't be too bothered right now if I wasn't able to become a partner but I can imagine it being a problem in the future for me. I think the monetary side of things helps people keep going with their videos even when they're down about doing videos or whatever, I think it can help them become motivated, similar to how people go to work even if they hate their job, the money keeps them going there every day and I think that's similar to how I would feel about YouTube and Adsense if I was ever banned.

If I was banned I would probably try and get partnered through that TGN if I could, failing that I would try and drag as much traffic away from YouTube to my own personal website (say if I had one lol) where I could monetize using other ad services and try and get sponsored in some way or another.

I personally think the way things are when it comes to Adsense it that it's really messed up and I feel that as publishers we are being trodden on left right and centre, it isnt fair that because of someone else you become banned for life, it's injustice, being blamed for something you didn't do, couldn't possibly prevent and I think they need to sort their systems out so they're ready for this day and age, I dont feel people should be banned for things they couldn't prevent, for life and without any warning.

I feel so bad for the people I know who have been banned like this, their must be seriously less motivation knowing the partnership even without the money is gone, everything you could look forward to now needs to be worked around just so you can do something you should be able to do a whole lot more easily.

So yeah, enough of my rant lol do you think monetization is important to you or could it be? I honestly hope they separate it, I think Adsense and partnerships should be separate, either that or at least cater for all these people losing out, in the end its only Adsense that loses out IMO.

For all those who have been I think you should continue and try every other method you can before giving up.

Share your thoughts :)

Reactions: JD´s World

Korifaeus

Banned
Reaction score
I'm neither monetizing, nor Adsense, nor partner, though have been invited; allow me a question, though, if you may. What does "banned" define and how or why would people get banned ?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Banned means not able to use Adsense in order to monetize your videos on YouTube or on websites through the Adsense program. If you do not have an active Adsense, you cannot become a partner as they require you to monetize your videos through it. A banning is for life if over the age of 18 and the appeals process comes across as automated.

There are a few ban reasons, some of the most popular are

invalid clicks - If you or others click the ads to try and cheat the system you get banned, it is flawed though as innocent people get banned every day through click bombing their videos deliberately, it is like being thrown out of your house by your landlord because someone come into your garden and smashed your window.

posing a risk of generating invalid clicks - This is to do with the traffic hitting your videos, say if you promoted on Facebook to all your friends, they could click your ads therefore its a risk to the advertiser.

There is more but these are the ones I see mostly as a reason.

Korifaeus

Banned
Reaction score
it is flawed though as innocent people get banned every day through click bombing their videos deliberately,
First, thank you for your thorough answer; most appreciated.
If people "click bomb" their videos deliberately, does that not imply they're opposing the rules and regulations they agreed on when partnering with youtube, thus aren't innocent, since they "deliberately" click bombed ? :rolleyes:

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First, thank you for your thorough answer; most appreciated.
If people "click bomb" their videos deliberately, does that not imply they're opposing the rules and regulations they agreed on when partnering with youtube, thus aren't innocent, since they "deliberately" click bombed ? :rolleyes:
There are some people who choose to do this themselves yeah, sure they deserved to get banned according to the Adsense terms but say you started to monetize your own videos, I could come along with this software and have it click over and over again on your ads, this would raise the google flags and bang your account is banned, for life too, a poor appeals process which I have only seen one person win with his.

Korifaeus

Banned
Reaction score
There's a software for that ? Gosh, what people come up with, huh ?
Thanks for the thorough explanation :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's a software for that ? Gosh, what people come up with, huh ?
Thanks for the thorough explanation :)
Well I am assuming so yeah lol anything that can be automated is usually made automated or as close as possible to being fully automated as it takes less time than doing things manually. I have never seen one that does this but I bet there are a few out there, this is what I have an issue with myself, surely these "bombings" should just be made invalid rather than penalising someone for it.

NicksGamingHub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if you get banned from adsense you cant get partnered through TGN. I already asked them from my old channel. That's why i had to make a entirely new channel.

Reactions: Michael

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think monetization is important and the entire idea of it is really good. I think that people who are seriously motivated into making videos and awesome content can make a living off of it through youtube or at least start out on youtube. It is like a way of being heard. Back in the day before social media and youtube, only big brands and people with money could get heard through advertising on tv and radio. Now a days anybody with a great cause/content/purpose can be heard. Even just as a hobby, it is insanely fun and if your making money out of it then GREAT! :D

Yeah I hear what your saying about the banning, I have not heard about this before. They do need to work on their systems to make sure this does not happen... its difficult to do though.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if you get banned from adsense you cant get partnered through TGN. I already asked them from my old channel. That's why i had to make a entirely new channel.
Seems best not to tell them then, surely they wont find out.