Is YouTube Editing Your December Revenue?

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So I check my stats everyday to keep track of everything.

Well for the end of Dec 2017 I had finished at $625. I thought that was a pretty good month. Then yesterday I noticed the graph had changed and so I checked my Dec 2017 again and it dropped to $599, and then this morning it’s at $529.

What the hell is YouTube doing?!

3EDC8A36-211D-48B1-9B86-858F099C70E6.png 3C1C3B68-BCF7-4AC1-B9DE-3D1A3ED6E649.png

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Keyword in there is "estimated" revenue. Since it's estimated, it'll change given new data.

Reactions: markkaz

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind my interjecting with a cheeky question - but how in the world are you getting so much revenue from your channel???

Tube Buddy indicates that you had just over 57,000 views in the last 30 days, so anything over $500 seems incredibly high. Can you let us in on your secret...or are these stats from another channel that you have?

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hope you don't mind my interjecting with a cheeky question - but how in the world are you getting so much revenue from your channel???

Tube Buddy indicates that you had just over 57,000 views in the last 30 days, so anything over $500 seems incredibly high. Can you let us in on your secret...or are these stats from another channel that you have?
lol I got lucky with one of my videos. I do automotive videos, and went to an event called the Roadkill Ziptie Drags, the guys from roadkill have a big online following. I did some videos at two of the events in 2017 and a couple took off due to people searching for roadkill videos. The videos are a bit on the long side and I put my ads in at 10 minute intervals.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know they have edited one of my videos last year, as it got 0.59 USD and then it just got 0.03 USD. I might confess that, even though was a very small amount from the beginning, it kinda hurt. Because at that time, I needed everything I earned!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
lol I got lucky with one of my videos. I do automotive videos, and went to an event called the Roadkill Ziptie Drags, the guys from roadkill have a big online following. I did some videos at two of the events in 2017 and a couple took off due to people searching for roadkill videos. The videos are a bit on the long side and I put my ads in at 10 minute intervals.
Thanks so much for answering. That is an absolute revelation - I took a look at the length of those videos, all from 40 mins to 1:12. I had no idea that producing longer videos could result in such an increase in revenue.
It makes sense I suppose, as long as your audience retention is reasonably high.
Thanks again, it's given me a lot to think about!

Geeds

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks so much for answering. That is an absolute revelation - I took a look at the length of those videos, all from 40 mins to 1:12. I had no idea that producing longer videos could result in such an increase in revenue.
It makes sense I suppose, as long as your audience retention is reasonably high.
Thanks again, it's given me a lot to think about!
Yeah,as long as people are viewing the ads then yeah. Granted a lot of people don’t have the attention spans to go through some videos completely, but in some cases it does work.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes, but by a little over 1/6th? Thats a pretty big change
Yea it happens! Don't use "estimated" revenue as a gauge of how well you're doing really. Sometimes it's accurate and other times it really isn't.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
I started a new thread on the same
Much as they are estimates, they have always been accurate to +/-5%

Is it possible for a video to take $675 over 77K views and then $190 over 367K views the following month?