Is YouTube dying

OburnE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the last couple of week, youtube started to follow a strict ad program due to WSJ which targeted pewdiepie. Also, Some big advertiser started to pull their ads out of youtube. Even big Youtubers are having the revenue issues like H3H3, David Pakman Show, etc. I used to make $1-2 a day now $0-0.8. Did you guys see any change on your revenue? If so what are your thoughts? I feel like the platform is starting to collapse i.e YouTube is under siege fire. I believe if Youtube gets a big problem with the ads and advertisers, google adverse will be the next. I started to look new platforms just in case.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video monetization forum discussion. ^^

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think there's anything wrong with looking for alternative platforms. You're right, they've been going through a lot of problems with advertising, but I think once they restructure their regulations a bit there won't be as many hesitant companies.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There has been a lot of drastic changes recently! Which is so sad, because I feel people are getting more politically correct, which affects more people than expected.
I also feel that WSJ has some agenda, because they have been swinging wildly lately, going after Pewds amongst others!

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

BryMan1

Reaction score
whats the replacement for you tube then... is there something pushing them out that I don't know about yet????

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There has been a lot of drastic changes recently! Which is so sad, because I feel people are getting more politically correct, which affects more people than expected.
I also feel that WSJ has some agenda, because they have been swinging wildly lately, going after Pewds amongst others!
Yeah, what is that about? Simply rude, if not part of some bigger plan.

whats the replacement for you tube then... is there something pushing them out that I don't know about yet????
Lol, I like how you seem almost panicked. :giggle:

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I don`t think YT is dying, but right now it`s definitely going through some major changes that are handled awfully communication-wise

They have basically closed temporarily some of their major ads revenue streams to fix their system and they didn`t even bother to send an email to partnered creators...it is really hard treating Youtube like a business when they don`t give a sh!t about their own partners.

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Absolutely right now. I'm down 85% in revenue, HORRENDOUS.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'm on YouTube because I like making content which actually helps people.

A typical visit to a hypnotherapist's office costs $150.00-$250.00 on average if you live in the United States. Prices vary here in the United Kingdom. So I make hypnotherapy videos using scripts I've written and recorded placed against licensed stock footage. Or sometimes I just record a session off the cuff and do the same. I discovered I could make digital music to help people relax and unwind and added that as a niche about 4 years ago. Why can't people make videos because they love the process of content creation any more? Why suddenly is YouTube only about the money one can make?

I actually have channels I haven't monetised at all, and possibly never will. My main channel is in the partner program because YouTube Admin invited me. I enjoy any money I make, yes; but it is incidental to creating content designed to help people be the best they can be.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Just all part of the normal ups and downs of business.. Just because Youtube is currently facing challenges does not mean it's 'collapsing'.. IF Youtube just ignored the problem and did nothing then a down-turn and eventual crash and burn would be possible but as you've seen Youtube responded swiftly to address the problem.
6 months from now you wont even remember this little bump in the road.