Is updating any meta data/thumbnails on old videos worthwhile?

KTP

If this has been asked and answered already, I apologize.

But does it make sense to update meta-data (title, description, keywords etc) or thumbnail on an old video? Or not so much? I know our channel is too small and in the early stages for it to help, but this is more of a general question not specific to our channel per se.

Thanks!

I recently updated all the tags and thumbnails for my series of Guitar Medleys and have seen a rise in views on two the videos (there is ten total), whether I that's due to me updating them or the peaks and valleys of YouTube I don't know, but there could be a correlation. I'd suggest that if you have the time then there isn't any harm in updating them and it may be worth testing out. I changed them mainly out of micromanagement and the fact that I'm a perfectionist.

Reactions: KTP
I recently updated all the tags and thumbnails for my series of Guitar Medleys and have seen a rise in views on two the videos (there is ten total), whether I that's due to me updating them or the peaks and valleys of YouTube I don't know, but there could be a correlation. I'd suggest that if you have the time then there isn't any harm in updating them and it may be worth testing out. I changed them mainly out of micromanagement and the fact that I'm a perfectionist.
Cool, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thumbnails may be a good idea when you want to update the overall look of your channel. For example, from a photo to a png cutout of the main elements on a bright background (I'm sure you've seen those). In this case it's best to have your videos follow a theme so when a potential sub scrolls, they get a feel for what the channel is about. Seo wise, I generally find that once a video has had its day, and is laid to rest, let it rest. No point wasting time digging it up.

No not really. Unless the video had a lot of potential, and you think it didn't receive attention because of the thumbnail. I like to look back on old videos to see how my thumbnails progressed :)

I update meta-data during the first day of the life of my video, some time I do it till video 7 days old not later then that. Unless you buy AdWords for old video is nothing you can do to improve traffic on it. It is always option to re-upload it again.

Back