Is Union For Gamers (Curse) Really What It Seems? 90/10 Split?

gabrielkipp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So once contraced with Curse is your CPM (Whatever it may be) fixed?

DarkSerge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wonder if it's Curse or just a bad luck but percentage of monetized views is very low. Only 10000 views from 30000 are monetized in past 2 weeks.

CalbelTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wonder if it's Curse or just a bad luck but percentage of monetized views is very low. Only 10000 views from 30000 are monetized in past 2 weeks.
Just bad luck I think. Don't think curse would be a popular network at all if they couldn't supply enough adverts. Their website has just been redesigned and I'm about to join :)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score

Monetized views are only partly controlled by ad supply. Theres also mobile audience, ad blockers and audience retention to consider as well.

DarkSerge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I'm familiar with adblockers and mobiles. Just curious why it became even lower than with adsense. Maybe some ad settings f*cked up (can't check every vid for ad performance). I also noticed that Opera sometimes not showing banner to the right of video.

Boubouille

Reaction score
DarkSerge: Demographics, most likely. I don't really want to post your stats here because privacy and stuff, but your top countries (beside US) don't monetize super well. The other explanation is Youtube's analytics having trouble with you, we'll see how it goes when the final report for July comes in in 10 days or so.

Reactions: DarkSerge

CalbelTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I'm familiar with adblockers and mobiles. Just curious why it became even lower than with adsense. Maybe some ad settings f*cked up (can't check every vid for ad performance). I also noticed that Opera sometimes not showing banner to the right of video.
Spoke to someone on youtube earlier that is with curse. He explained that although curse offer a HIGHER cpm than adsense, they supply LESS ads. Which means you get only a small fraction of monetized views so I think sticking with adsense is better for me.

Invisible

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Spoke to someone on youtube earlier that is with curse. He explained that although curse offer a HIGHER cpm than adsense, they supply LESS ads. Which means you get only a small fraction of monetized views so I think sticking with adsense is better for me.
Im very doubt if this possible at all (get less ads with the Network vs being with Youtube alone)
As i understand Youtube Adsense ads goes in any way to every channel as a backup (if no premium ads served by Network on your channel)
You Should get all those regular Youtube Adsense ads + some premium ads sold by Network.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Boubouille Does Curse have any partner promotion other than the usual "here's how you optimize you channels for search rank" kinda discussions?

Reactions: ReptileFx