Is this video good as a youtube channel trailer ?

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Hi,

I created a trailer / introduction video for my channel, but I think It’s possible to transform it into a template that can be customized to suits other channels. Customization would apply to the content such texts, videos, backgrounds, sounds…etc.

Before considering doing this, I would like to know what do you think about the video and whether it’s a good idea, interesting or there's something you would change.

Thank you all for your time and suggestions.

CaddyBou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey!
I like some aspects of your video, but other aspects I don't like.

[+] The song is nice
[+] you bring across the idea of the channel
[+] Animations and Transitions are nice
[-] Text font isn't good
[-] nothing in the first 10 seconds, someone would have clicked off by then, try and make it in the first 3-4 seconds
[-] No voice over or face cam, doesn't make it feel personal, doesn't give a reason for someone to stay and watch your channel. What would they get out of it?

Overall, I liked it, but try and make it a bit more exciting, a bit more WOW!
Thanks!

Reactions: TheAllSenses

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, sometimes, a single one is worth a dozen.

It requires a lot of work to create a motion graphics video with that WOW effect, especially for a trailer video.
I took note about the voice-over, fonts (which is matter of taste).

I'll consider creating a v2.

Reactions: CaddyBou

CaddyBou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the review, sometimes, a single one is worth a dozen.

It requires a lot of work to create a motion graphics video with that WOW effect, especially for a trailer video.
I took note about the voice-over, fonts (which is matter of taste).

I'll consider creating a v2.
Thanks for taking my advice, hope you make it very good!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Major thing: In the context you are using it, it should be 'and much more', not 'and many more'.

Other than that, I like the trailer. Music is nice, timing is good. Not too fond on the ending, but think that is mostly personal preference. The only thing I don't really like is how 'trailery' it feels. You can see it is made and intended as a trailer and can't really be enjoyed as a stand alone thing. You won't go back to watch it again, if you get what I mean. But that is just because of the way it is intended, I think.

Reactions: TheAllSenses

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Major thing: In the context you are using it, it should be 'and much more', not 'and many more'.

Other than that, I like the trailer. Music is nice, timing is good. Not too fond on the ending, but think that is mostly personal preference. The only thing I don't really like is how 'trailery' it feels. You can see it is made and intended as a trailer and can't really be enjoyed as a stand alone thing. You won't go back to watch it again, if you get what I mean. But that is just because of the way it is intended, I think.
Thanks.

As you said it's a trailer, it would be seen only by new comers. In this context, replaying the trailer many times isn't considered really.