Is This Spamming?

Starfire

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question for those who are well versed in this kind of thing.
It might be easiest to just have you look at it.
If you go to Youtube, and do a search for "Maizuru Park", you will immediately get results
with reams and reams of short junk videos from some guy who is trying to sell his videos.
Most of them from what I can see are just unwatchable and have no value.
According to the YT guidelines, "If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies." - Looking at how every description is like "go to my facebook page and buy my video", it looks like it to me.

But I would like to ask your views too.
Thanks.

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Are they the videos by NHK English? If so, then I'd say yes, it's spamming. If he wanted to advertise so bad, he could use another site that doesn't count all that spamming as violation.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Or...he could try a more low-key approach.

This is stock footage, meant to be used as video components, and not the best I've ever seen either; way too much hand-shake...lol. They are not real YouTube videos at all, but a demo of a product for sale, or in this case RF licensing. One doesn't buy stock; you only license it, and the ultimate copyright remains in the hands of the creator.

All of the people licensing stock video or audio use the same approach, even the major stock houses. And as they are doing these videos in direct support of a business they themselves own, I don't think they are violating YouTube's TOS. Have a look at the major video stock house A Luna Blue's channel; I've been known to use their stock in my videos on occasion, and every video they post is a watermarked demo of the actual stock clip up for sale on their site with the sale page linked in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/user/alunabluedotcom

Last edited: