Is this normal?

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Recently I uploaded a video which has reached more than 200 views, everything was going pretty normal but when I checked my incomes it stated that video earned me 1$
I thought that 1$ was due to more or less 1000 views.

Has someone expirienced something similar? If so, do you know why?

Thanks!

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It really does depend. Some people get $3 per 1000, it just depends on how many people who viewed your video actually watch the ad and for how long. I'm pretty sure there are some analytics of that.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Recently I uploaded a video which has reached more than 200 views, everything was going pretty normal but when I checked my incomes it stated that video earned me 1$
I thought that 1$ was due to more or less 1000 views.

Has someone expirienced something similar? If so, do you know why?

Thanks!

The $1 per 1000 views is a conservative average. Your sample size of 200 views isn't significant enough to come to any meaningful conclusions about what your channel's average is.

As an analogy: when tossing a coin, the average number of heads you'll get is 50% But with a small sample size, the average number of heads could be anything from 0 to 100% (ie way off the actual average)

Reactions: GiBrIs07

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It was something awkward since the rest of my videos don't have such numbers, so that's why I was somewhat surprised.