Is this fair use?

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have an idea for a video, but I want to use clips of other youtube videos. Not like super long clips, but I want to try and make a video explaining ASMR. Using clips would help give people an idea of different categories that there are. I currently have some compilation videos, but I am more concerned for this video because I would like to use short clips from semi-popular ASMR channels. Just having a hard time finding the answer to this googling thanks ahead of time

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I think it does fit under fair use because you aren't using full clips and you are using it to be informative. Don't quote me on it, though. Look up the rules, and if you still aren't sure, ask the creators of the videos! :D

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Commentary is in fair use as far as I know.

It’s always nice to ask but in the end fair use is fair use! :D Don’t sweat it! You could always unlist it and ask for more oppinions! <3

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Alright thank you guys. Id like to ask just im inpatient sometimes lol If i get an idea for a video I want to do it like soon alot of the time. But I should work on being patient with my videos though. Maybe itll turn out better if I take my time to plan it out.

Reactions: Digital Beast

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope it will be awesome at least lol. I just think it would be cool to like squish stuff all in one video to be like yo there is some category for everyone check it out! lol I dig asmr and wish more people were into it because it has helped me alot

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I was going to link to the government definition of fair use, as well as applicable court cases, but I can't do that.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I was going to link to the government definition of fair use, as well as applicable court cases, but I can't do that.
o huh maybe ill try and find those. are you aloud to private message them to me maybe?

khalidal

Reaction score
You have a good channel but I think the fair use is only 15 seconds from any other video