Is This Bad?

Peyton

Reaction score
no one is viewing my stuff on facebook and twitter anymore, and i just put out a new video and no one is watching it. what do i do?

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes, it's annoying and it would not make me want to watch them.

Just my 2c =)
^ Agreed. I never watch a video that someone sends to me because I see it similar to door-to-door sales. If I wanted to see something like that, I'd likely search for it myself. I had an old channel since 2006 that I used just for commenting and I closed that channel in late 2012 to open this one. In six years I only ever marked as spam.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
no one is viewing my stuff on facebook and twitter anymore, and i just put out a new video and no one is watching it. what do i do?
Personally, I find that asking friends/family to view your videos is the worst thing ever. It's empty/pity views/subs and never gets you anywhere. Promo on the forums, collab with people, do shoutouts, find channels that feature/spotlight their subs/viewers and you'll get somewhere!

Peyton

Reaction score
No one wants to collab with a person with less than 15 subs lol

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Cartoonist, Animator
This one guy that I'm subed to almost half of his subs are from pming people....

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I get these messages all the time and i tell them to join yt talks haha

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I find it annoying and rude when someone who I am not subscribed to or they are not subscribed to me and want me to watch their video. if they haven't even watched one of my videos and they tell me to watch theres is just disturbing.
the rude part of it is that they don't say "hey, i really love your art work" to show me that they do watch my videos. if someone commented on how good my videos are with prof that they had watched it such they know what kind of videos i make, they yes, i will watch their videos. but the fact that they shove the video im my face is annoying and rude and shows how desperate the are.

Reactions: Symph

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
2) It counts as spam an i) can get you a community guildlines strike and ii) Networks don`t partner channels with history of spam.
Not necessarily. YouTube TOS states you cannot send untargeted messages as those are spam. If you send messages to people who are watching and commenting on videos similar to yours for example, it's not against the TOS because they are now "targetted messages".

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
what if it's people who don't even make videos?
Definitely do NOT want to go that route. One of our own lost his channel a while back from spamming people. Think of it like this. When a person sees a message from a stranger saying "hey check me out" They are immediately annoyed. They're like "why should I? Who the hell are you?" That same person had that just stumbled upon you, might love your videos you never know, but now they will think of you as "that guy who spammed me". I would suggest finding videos that are similar to your own and engaging with people in the comments. Be friendly and talk about stuff that interests you with them, and when you see a good opportunity, mention your channel. But do it non chalantly like "yeah I have a video on my channel that is about that very subject" or something like that. But you definitely don't wanna be spamming people's inboxes.

Reactions: Shane.Vultra