Is this against youtube rules??

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
If someone posts a comment about my video saying they enjoyed watching it and I reply back to them (thank them of course) but then I also write if they liked this video I think they might enjoy my other video as well since it is on the exact same subject (then I also include direct link to that video)... is this allowed??

I know youtube considers it spamming if I go to someone else's channel and then start posting links to my videos, obviously I would never do that... but this in response to my own videos on my own channel only...

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not aware of any rules that would prevent you from posting that reply.

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely not against the rules. I would even call it a good idea to make the viewer aware of other content they might be interested in. The way you build your comment is key here. Make it appealing, like a teaser. Make it so that they'll want to see that video straight away.

Oliver Lesh

Reaction score
From what I know (I'm not YouTube policy expert by any means) this isn't really considered spamming. You're just shamelessly promoting yourself :D The question is: 'Is it really necessary?' If they've watched your video and liked it, it depends on them if they really want to look for more of your work or if it was just one-time visit. If you're worried about the fact that they might not know you have more videos, just add a card or one of those end screen elements (video, channel, website) to your video. This should give them a hint.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have cards at the end (but the cards I have are promoting most recent upload not the video) ... this is an older video. They aren't going to bother to look for it so without me giving them a link they are not going to find it. This video is getting tons of views so I am afraid to edit it in any shape or form... it's gotten almost 60,000 views. It's my one big video... the rest of my videos are only getting about 50-100 views so I don't want to touch the "big" video worried it might "ruin" it.

It's good to know however that I'm not breaking rules by replying to their comments in such a way :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oliver Lesh

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's your channel. You can promote all you like on your own channel.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People say all the time to watch the other videos of a series so asking people to check out other videos of your is allowed. Plus why would they ever stop you from advertising. I have seen lots of channels advertise that they now exist (I haven't watched any of their videos though because I don't care) and youtube isn't kicking them off.You're just doing what a creator needs to do. If facebook and twitter kicked you off every time you advertised a video there, then they wouldn't ever be this popular (they still would be but not this much) as nobody would be advertising so there wouldn't be a point to it unless its to check up on a friend or family member or something.