Is this a good view/sub ratio?

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the way I see it, any growth is good growth. One day I got loads of veiws and subs. Some days I even lose subs.

I agree with the viewer retention thing (That's something I'm bad at as well)

Reactions: Austerpower

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
the way I see it, any growth is good growth. One day I got loads of veiws and subs. Some days I even lose subs.

I agree with the viewer retention thing (That's something I'm bad at as well)
Totally agree. I have the opposite problem. I have really good audience retention for my subscribers, but since I advertise on reddit, many views don't translate to subscribers.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
Totally agree. I have the opposite problem. I have really good audience retention for my subscribers, but since I advertise on reddit, many views don't translate to subscribers.
Reddit is not a useful resource! Cant post so much, cant post same video, cant be active otherwise they block you!
And how many views did you get on Reddit? Peoples use social media for their purposes and not for your "advertises"... we need another promotion way

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Reddit is not a useful resource! Cant post so much, cant post same video, cant be active otherwise they block you!
And how many views did you get on Reddit? Peoples use social media for their purposes and not for your "advertises"... we need another promotion way
I've gained close to 60% of my views from reddit and probably the same percent of subscribers. Reddit is great for niche sub communities.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
I've gained close to 60% of my views from reddit and probably the same percent of subscribers. Reddit is great for niche sub communities.
yes but as i see you have hundreds views, sorry if im direct but this is not a business channel. I was talking about to become a real youtuber or get a big YT channel. Everybody here seems to be happy whenever they get 20 views and 1 new like... guys there are popular YT channel with billion views, now i dont wanna talk about them but i would like to discuss with someone who has got million views

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
yes but as i see you have hundreds views, sorry if im direct but this is not a business channel. I was talking about to become a real youtuber or get a big YT channel. Everybody here seems to be happy whenever they get 20 views and 1 new like... guys there are popular YT channel with billion views, now i dont wanna talk about them but i would like to discuss with someone who has got million views

what do you mean by this is not a business channel? Also I've had a million views in my past channel that I removed.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
what do you mean by this is not a business channel? Also I've had a million views in my past channel that I removed.
ah ok, sorry, million views? cool, how did you achieve that result?

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
ah ok, sorry, million views? cool, how did you achieve that result?
I used to post German military music and music videos using world war 2 as the backdrop. I had the advantage that it was still relatively new around 6 years ago. SEO is important but the content is important. I tied my videos to things that were already famous so people would come across my videos when they actively sought the original subjects.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
I used to post German military music and music videos using world war 2 as the backdrop. I had the advantage that it was still relatively new around 6 years ago. SEO is important but the content is important. I tied my videos to things that were already famous so people would come across my videos when they actively sought the original subjects.
SEO right? ok :) i see that part of my views are coming from YT search so i see im setting the right keywords but im also looking for a way to promote my channel in a more efficient way