Is This A Good Idea?

Should I accept this offer?

• Yes - tell why in the thread!

• No - tell why in the thread!

• Something else - tell why in the thread!

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was contacted with this message:

Hey! I'm starting up a community channel for The Culling and was wondering if I could use your zero kills win clip in a funny/lucky moments montage? You would be credited (of course) to your YouTube, Twitch or whatever you would like! Let me know if that's okay with you! Thanks

Should I accept this persons offer?

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ummmm. Depends on how legit they are, how much you'll get out of it and so on. I say, if what you'll gain from it is worth the time you spent making the clip then its worth it. Make sure that you get everything you want since they're the ones asking :)

Reactions: MrWapk

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
First you need to check them out and do what's like a background check. You need to make sure they aren't sketchy. Once you figured that out, if you want to do it, then you can do it if you want to.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Id say no they will just profit off what you have made and likely you will get little to no trafic to your channel from it since why would they want to watch it on your channel if they have already seen it?

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh yeah, that brings me to another point. You should give them the condition where if they don't at least put your watermark on top of your video, it's no deal. That's what I'd do cause you'd still get decent traffic from them anyway not to mention they'd be crediting you properly that way.

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ummmm. Depends on how legit they are, how much you'll get out of it and so on. I say, if what you'll gain from it is worth the time you spent making the clip then its worth it. Make sure that you get everything you want since they're the ones asking :)
Their channel has no videos up yet. I probably won't get much out of it if I do it but you never know! Well it took me about 50 hours to be able to get a clip like this. I feel like I can only gain from this opportunity.[DOUBLEPOST=1458162220,1458162168][/DOUBLEPOST]
First you need to check them out and do what's like a background check. You need to make sure they aren't sketchy. Once you figured that out, if you want to do it, then you can do it if you want to.
Good points! Their channel has no videos up yet. I probably won't get much out of it if I do it but you never know! It took me about 50 hours to be able to get a clip like this. I feel like I can only gain from this opportunity.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I would say yes, but with strict conditions. First being a card on the channel that links to your channel, a link in the description and a push to your site in there too. But yeah it will be worth it. We all want as many people to see our work as possible.

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Id say no they will just profit off what you have made and likely you will get little to no trafic to your channel from it since why would they want to watch it on your channel if they have already seen it?
I feel like I can only gain from this opportunity. Could this hurt me at all?[DOUBLEPOST=1458162356,1458162285][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh yeah, that brings me to another point. You should give them the condition where if they don't at least put your watermark on top of your video, it's no deal. That's what I'd do cause you'd still get decent traffic from them anyway not to mention they'd be crediting you properly that way.
So watermark, anything else?

Also, what do you mean by watermark?

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I feel like I can only gain from this opportunity. Could this hurt me at all?[DOUBLEPOST=1458162356,1458162285][/DOUBLEPOST]

So watermark, anything else?

Also, what do you mean by watermark?
Your watermark is basically where you put your logo or username over your video so that nobody can steal it or claim it as theirs. That's why I say you should do that, so the other dude doesn't just give you minimal credit and make people think it's his.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If they have no videos then theres definitely no point, who will watch it? and as i just said people wont flock to your channel to watch your video if they just watched it on that other guys channel, plus dont just give other people your content they will take the views you might have gotten and they will probably monetize it making money off of yours and other peoples work and doing nothing themselfs