Is this a good idea for exposure?

Abdulla Alishaq

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you uploading a small part of every new video on instagram is a good idea? Like I do gaming. If I put small part of me commentating about the game and so on Instagram, does this help to grow even faster?

Thank you,

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say yes and I've seen a few people that I follow do it too. In my mind its a no brainer...I might try it myself lol

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I do that. My recent videos have all been quite big productions, so I put a trailer video on Instagram and publish a series of photos on Instagram and Twitter leading up to the day the video is published.

I can't honestly say whether this has led to a huge increase in views, but the Instagram videos always get a great deal of engagement.

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say yeah, go for it.
It's kinda like a sample.

They either watch the sample and want more or watch the sample and walk away.

That's a lot better than just reading a title and saying yes or no.​

Marseekuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think lately videos on social media in general are getting stronger. I make comedy skits on Youtube, so I started making additional shorter ones, so I can upload them on Instagram, Facebook etc. I just posted the first one :) But yeah, go for it!

Reactions: OldNotDead

JackyPlus2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Anywhere that you can get more eyes to notice your work is always good whether it's Instagram or wherever else.

Reactions: OldNotDead

Obsurdity

Reaction score
Yessir, this is called content re-purposing and is a commonly accepted marketing practice. Great thinking and best of luck!

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you uploading a small part of every new video on instagram is a good idea? Like I do gaming. If I put small part of me commentating about the game and so on Instagram, does this help to grow even faster?

Thank you,
What a great idea...I will start doing this in the very near future! I can't see how it will hurt your channel. All exposure to your channel is mostly great! (Unless you get too stupid with it then people get turned off)

Cheers,
Scott

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sounds like a very good idea so I would say go for it:up2:
Im not on Istagram but maybe I should open an account and try this approach:)
Someone mentioned videos on social media are getting stronger and there is no doubt about that

TheReading

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Commentator
I think it's a good idea for some extra exposure and using the right hashtags. I do this in a way I don't put small clips on my Instagram I just upload pictures IE: my thumbnails and links to my video.