Is there something I can do with Adsense to improve my YT earnings?

coamp

Hi everyone,

My channel is about 2 month old, and I'm getting about 3000 views per day now with 35K total views and average earnings of only $0.47 per 1000 views. My friend's channel is 4 months and had a video that got 900K views, but he also averaged only $0.55 per 1000 views.

I checked both of our Adsense accounts and noticed that our CPC is only 0.02 for me and 0.03 for him, although about %95 of both channels hits are from the US.

I read online that people with less successful channels (less than my friend's anyway) achieve $1+ per 1000 views. Is there anything we can do, or should be doing? I read that some tweaks to Adsense can help. any suggestions?

There's a bunch of factors including video duration, audience retention, audience country, genre of your content etc. From hanging around this forum for a while, I can tell you that video game related content seems to attract a low RPM. Oh it's also January, so you have to factor in a huge post Christmas drop.

I read online that people with less successful channels (less than my friend's anyway) achieve $1+ per 1000 views. Is there anything we can do, or should be doing? I read that some tweaks to Adsense can help. any suggestions?

Pay attention to the date of those posts where you seen it - thats important.

In 2014 year you can find people reporting ~2$ per 1000 views, in 2015 year ~1$ per 1000 views, 2016 year ~0.5$ per 1000 views. RPM prices on Youtube keeps decreasing year by year. While for different youtubers can be different, but the overall trend is similar to this

Hi everyone,

Is there anything we can do, or should be doing? I read that some tweaks to Adsense can help. any suggestions?
Because policy of google adsense have changed. You must increase the average view time to increase your money.

Pay attention to the date of those posts where you seen it - thats important.

In 2014 year you can find people reporting ~2$ per 1000 views, in 2015 year ~1$ per 1000 views, 2016 year ~0.5$ per 1000 views. RPM prices on Youtube keeps decreasing year by year. While for different youtubers can be different, but the overall trend is similar to this

But among the sources that I got this number from ($1 per 1K views) was a recent video of a YouTuber talking about her first YT payout. the video was dated September 2016 I think.

May I ask what are your average CPC and YT earning per 1k views?

What Rod71 said it correct. There are many factors that affect CPM and earnings such as audience demographics, audience retention, time of year, etc. I don't think there are any "tweaks" or anything to can do with adsense to earn more. Genres and types of videos can affect it too. I had a mobile gaming commentary channel in 2015 and 2016 that made ~$1 per 1,000 views. I also had a mobile gameplay channel with no commentary that made like ~$0.33 per 1,000 views. Right now I have an animation channel with most views from Japan making a little more than ~$1 per 1,000 views, but that was in December when CPM was the highest. January is hitting hard, CPM and earnings down by half.

But among the sources that I got this number from ($1 per 1K views) was a recent video of a YouTuber talking about her first YT payout. the video was dated September 2016 I think.

May I ask what are your average CPC and YT earning per 1k views?

2016 September, October, November, December was hitting 1$ per thousand views too on my channels (gaming, no commentary), but from January to September was around 0.30$ - 0.60$ per thousand views. Earnings per thousand views (calculating overall - monetized and not monetized) keeps decreasing year by year this is what i am noticing at least on my channels and on many of peoples public reports on forums. My earning numbers per thousand views are pretty much the same as i posted in previous post as a global. These first days of January 2017 is again 0.30$ per thousand views, hopefully it will not going to drop any lower than this in future as its already pretty much low.

Regarding CPC - i have no access to Adsense reports as long as im in Network, and i only can see Youtube dashboard about earnings.

Of course viewers country is also matters a lot, etc. the bigger percentage of views from US, the better earnings per thousand views.

Niche of the videos also matters, but as long as i do not have anything other than gaming channels, i can not comment on the differences in earnings between niches.

Last edited:
Back