Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrostorm

Is there Hope?

Many people are under 100 subscribers and I understand that YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint. However, I see some YouTubers who gain 100s of subscribers within a week + Views. I look at their channel and it doesn't seem as if they're doing anything different to me.

Is there Hope, for my channel and for yours? Tell me what you think?

Is there Hope?

Many people are under 100 subscribers and I understand that YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint. However, I see some YouTubers who gain 100s of subscribers within a week + Views. I look at their channel and it doesn't seem as if they're doing anything different to me.

I have had a channel for about 8 or 9 years and barely have over 1k subs. But yes, there is still hope.

What you see on the surface of their channel doesn't tell the whole story. They can very likely be promoting their channel in other websites or even YT alone to get more traffic. They might also have better tags in their videos (although extensions can make this more transparent). And they just might have that very small difference in character and personality that attracts more views.

When you get caught up in finding hope, you detract yourself in focusing on improving your channel. Highlight your weakness and do everything in your power to improve upon it. If it's something that you cannot change, then find an alternative approach that can compensate for the weakness. No channel is completely identical. There are small changes that makes a world of difference.

Is there Hope?

It's so easy to get discouraged, especially with YouTube. I feel like that sometimes! Everyone is doing it and trying to make it! But the thing that will make a difference and the people who will make it...are the ones that keep holding on and fighting. One by one people give up, be the one that doesn't and that keeps working everyday to be better! It's like everyone is hanging onto a cliff, slowly some people start letting go because it's to hard, and pretty soon, you're the last one still hanging on! Never give up!

It's not hope that grows a channel or keeps it alive. It's about loving what you do. Filming, editing, animating, whatever it is you like.

Unless you're already famous or well known you don't go into YouTube expecting much. I'm willing to bet anything that YouTube hasn't even found some of it's biggest stars yet. Hell even Pewdiepie has said (I believe on Ear Biscuits Podcast) that the biggest YouTuber in the world is still out there somewhere and that if he didn't exist someone else would be in his shoes right now. People are searching for entertainment more than ever these days so the channels who put out good content CONSISTENTLY will always grow eventually. It just takes time for the audience to find that content.

Think of it this way, every year technology reaches more and more hands, some who have never even seen a YouTube video before. And every year another massive group of kids are growing old enough to have their own computers, phones, ipods and youtube accts to sub/watch whoever they want. You think most kids of today even know who Ray William Johnson is? Or Fred, other than from TV. Or even that Justin Bieber started on YouTube. No! They're just watching whatever is popular at that time. Look at all the minecraft youtubers of the last couple years.... There's a reason the huge channels of years past are being destroyed in growth by all these young channels today. Tech is in more hands today than ever. And tomorrow it will be in even more. In an entire month YouTube supposedly has 1B active viewers. That's what, less that 13% of the planets population...

Heads up, because the days of internet success are just starting.

I see no reason to lose hope. Sometimes it's frustrating, I just know that if I keep learning, improving, being consistent and always try to engage with other creators eventually I'll get where I want to be. It might take years, but the ones who don't give up are the ones who succeed. I just want to enjoy the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back