Is there any way possible to change my channel name?

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never remember choosing my channel name and thought I had to wait to 100 subscribers before I could do so. Once I finally got 100 I went to choose a name and it was already chosen. For some reason I'm thinking it used my G+ name associated with that account.

In any case, is there a way to change it? Thank you.

Ian

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can choose a custom url now you have over 100 subs. Go to Creator studio/ channel/ status and features/ and press on customer url

or /and you can change your channel name.. Its difficult to navigate to the correct page. Go to creator studio/ channel/ advanced/ change (in blue letters near top of page and follow instruction)

Reactions: abacoIan

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I go to the custom url and it says: You have already claimed a custom URL. Then I go to the second thing you told me and changed my name, no changes yet, hopefully after a few minutes.

Thank you for your help!

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeh it takes a while for some reason. It will changed by tomorrow.

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I found a video and figure it out, when you change your google about me info you have to x out (release) your custom url links and then go back to youtube and claim your custom url again. It worked, I got the one I wanted! Awesome, thank you again.[DOUBLEPOST=1531092366,1531092340][/DOUBLEPOST]I found a video and figure it out, when you change your google about me info you have to x out (release) your custom url links and then go back to youtube and claim your custom url again. It worked, I got the one I wanted! Awesome, thank you again.

Reactions: UhoohExtra