Is there any other youtubers on here who have kids?

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I'm starting to feel like i am the only small YouTuber with kids. I know some of the bigger youtubers may have had one or two since they become big, but none at a small level. If you do what are the main problems you find with having kids and how do you deal with it? Also would you ever let your kids watch your channel?

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Three kids, 9yr, 6yr and 18months my biggest issue is noise, they tend to be the loudest only when I am recording :) I will either record while they play in another room, or during nap-time or after they go to bed.

and yes, they watch some of my videos. Only the ones where I control my language tho haha

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no way, i like having money and free time :)

Reactions: Tyhd

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
We adopted actually, we adopted yesterday, he's called Bossman. I don't think we're are going to let him watch our content, I think that would be very irresponsible of us as guardians

Reactions: Tyhd

Brainbean

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have three kids ages 6, 3, and 18 months. It can be difficult at times to get the time to get my filming or editing done. Most of the time I have to stay up extra late working on videos and sacrifice sleep to get it done. The biggest issue I have run into is how noisy kids are. It's just in their nature, but it can be frustrating when you are trying to record a voice over and you can't get 10 minutes without laughter or screams in the background.

At the end of the day the kids have to come first. I think us smaller up and coming YouTubers just have to work harder and sacrifice more if we want to be successful. After all though, aren't our children worth working extra hard and sacrificing for? Sure, the odds of getting a ton of views and making a bunch of money isn't exactly realistic but if we don't try and chase that dream it will never happen.

Best of luck to you my friend, as a fellow parent and YouTuber I know how tough it can be. Hang in there, and just keep uploading!

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My kids ask me daily "dad can we make a video" they really love what I am doing and one day maybe my oldest will get to make a video for her gaming.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm starting to feel like i am the only small YouTuber with kids. I know some of the bigger youtubers may have had one or two since they become big, but none at a small level. If you do what are the main problems you find with having kids and how do you deal with it? Also would you ever let your kids watch your channel?
These are my kids and I let them watch videos with melola Olley.jpg

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I have three kids ages 6, 3, and 18 months. It can be difficult at times to get the time to get my filming or editing done. Most of the time I have to stay up extra late working on videos and sacrifice sleep to get it done. The biggest issue I have run into is how noisy kids are. It's just in their nature, but it can be frustrating when you are trying to record a voice over and you can't get 10 minutes without laughter or screams in the background.

At the end of the day the kids have to come first. I think us smaller up and coming YouTubers just have to work harder and sacrifice more if we want to be successful. After all though, aren't our children worth working extra hard and sacrificing for? Sure, the odds of getting a ton of views and making a bunch of money isn't exactly realistic but if we don't try and chase that dream it will never happen.

Best of luck to you my friend, as a fellow parent and YouTuber I know how tough it can be. Hang in there, and just keep uploading!
Your kids are same age as mine. My 18 month old refuses to sleep at moment which has made it so much worse. Other two were always brilliant at sleeping too so it's weird. Guarenteed I start recording and next thing I know is he's screaming. My wife tries to calm him enough but he's obsessed with watching me game. Little bugger.[DOUBLEPOST=1466609230,1466609164][/DOUBLEPOST]
We adopted actually, we adopted yesterday, he's called Bossman. I don't think we're are going to let him watch our content, I think that would be very irresponsible of us as guardians
I've already ran away and now I'm a prostitute. Thanks for ruining my life DAD!!![DOUBLEPOST=1466609435][/DOUBLEPOST]
no way, i like having money and free time :)
Good job you've been fixed then haha. Weird thing about not having free time, it's about being bored as f**k when you do have it. That's what I find. Wouldn't know what to do with so much free time. Like today my daughters in hospital and my sons poorly so in bed and I'm off work looking after him so I've literally just napped cause I was so bored.

Reactions: RiffRaff

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
18 month old collab? haha whats that three people with 18 month olds?

Reactions: TheBossman