Is there any difference between short and long videos?

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi again, I've not seen something related to this. Will I earn more if my video is longer or just because of views and marketing (no matter time)?
Thanks in advance people

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You earn more based on watch time so if your video is longer then there is potential for people to watch it longer. Whether they do or don't is dependant on the video itself.

Reactions: GiBrIs07

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You have the potential of earning more money with videos that are longer than 10 minutes vs shorter than 10 minutes as videos longer than 10 minutes gives you the option to place ads mid-video, however just by making the video longer does not automatically mean you will end up receiving more money from it as that is determined by ad impressions which is ultimately determined by a large number of factors including audience location, playback device, number of views, watch time, etc...

Reactions: Crown and GiBrIs07

GiBrIs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks! I'll take that into account since none of my videos last more than 5 minutes, mostly because they are related to music I would say...

Reactions: MattyGreen

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe the current algo is after watch time. So the longer the video and most important viewer retention the better.