Is there a way to get around using royalty music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyoical Hooligans

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Some of the videos my group has made in the past that hasn't been posted to YouTube yet has royalty music in it, is there anyway for us to get around this without getting flagged?

ThreeProng

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use royalty music for I think around 15 seconds at most ( might have the number wrong ) without getting flagged, or simply not monetizing the video. But playing it through an entire video ( monetized ) will likely get flagged.

Edit: Just remembered, I have also seen some videos that play copyrighted music ( even non-monetized ) and if the owner of the song contacts youtube ( with a big influence like a popular singer ) they just completely remove the audio.

Reactions: Tyoical Hooligans

Tyoical Hooligans

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
we don't use them all the way trough but they are used during certain moments when our characters are in certain scenes for around 20 seconds but the songs are never fully played through

ThreeProng

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
we don't use them all the way trough but they are used during certain moments when our characters are in certain scenes for around 20 seconds but the songs are never fully played through
You're probably fine then, one of my favorite YouTuber's David Dobrik plays new copyrighted songs at the end of each of his vlogs for his outro and never has any problems.

Reactions: Tyoical Hooligans

Tyoical Hooligans

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
thanks man really appreciate it we might just keep those videos as personal projects but we might be posting them in the future what kind of channel do you run?
You're probably fine then, one of my favorite YouTuber's David Dobrik plays new copyrighted songs at the end of each of his vlogs for his outro and never has any problems.

ThreeProng

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks man really appreciate it we might just keep those videos as personal projects but we might be posting them in the future what kind of channel do you run?
Usually I just talk about whatever seems to be interesting/relevant at the moment, if you've seen Philip DeFranco it's basically something like that. As I grow I plan on adding more segments/variety though

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There is so much wrong or misleading information in this thread. If you don't know something for certain, please don't post.
Offering copyright advice that you're not sure of is incredibly dangerous and could easily cost someone their channel and/ or a lot of money.

As for the original question, outside of changing the music to something you actually have permissions to use, there is no way 'to get around it.'
It doesn't matter if it's the full song, 30 seconds or even one second. If you don't have the needed permissions, you are in violation.

If you upload a 20 second music clip, expect Content ID (an automated copyright matching process) to find and match the music as soon as your video is uploaded. From there, whoever owns the rights on the song will likely monetize the video on their behalf, collect all future earnings the video may make, and possibly block it from playing in certain countries. Luckily, you won't receive a copyright strike and will likely even have the option to remove or change the offending audio.

So long as you don't mind them monetizing and receiving all income generated from ads on your video, there isn't any issue- but there is no way to 'get around' it.

Reactions: subversiveasset
Status
Not open for further replies.