Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to edit a video that has been uploaded already?

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by Smartie, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Smartie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $146
    I was wondering if there was an option to edit a video that has already been upload. Like bleep out profanity.

veronica33067 likes this.
  2. TYTD
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $62
    there used to be basic tools on youtube to help quickly edit a video, though I think they canned it last month...and also Im not too sure if there was any tools to help bleep out expletives...I think you may have to reupload :/

3. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $6,599
    Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

I'm pretty sure YouTube have removed the online editor.

4. veronica33067
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $41
    That would be so convenient it there was! :woot2:

5. Ikusa
    Cash:
    $15
    in my experience, you should censor swear words prior to uploading, or just downright not swear in your video. I'd pull the video from your channel, do your necessary editing, then reupload, too sad they removed most the post-upload editing tools.

6. Smartie
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $146
    This was one of my old videos, where I never censor anything. All my new videos I put them on. Just before, I thought it wasn't a big deal. It just got a big deal when the video started getting views.

7. Ikusa
    Cash:
    $15
    If you uploaded the video prior to September 20th, 2017, the old youtube editor features will still be there for that video, however, I've never used the old video editor, so if it can edit in bleeps or stuff, I can't help you, and, if you uploaded the video after that date, well, guess you'll have to pull, edit, then reupload if you want to change that.

8. veronica33067
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $41
    I can't believe YouTube used to have these features. Why would they remove them? That's weird. I remember I used to be able to download videos from YouTube as well. I still can :sneaky2: but it's not as simple as before. Now, they have this YouTube Red crap where you have to pay to download a YouTube video. :shifty2:

:down: