Is there a way I can declare I've covered a song if it didn't match it.

Hazlenuts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I made a video about a year ago on my other channel where I am talking about giving away my hockey cards, and in the background I used music that is myself covering (singing and playing) "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan.

I've noticed that this video continues to get views increasingly over time, and the content ID didn't match the Bob Dylan song in there, I am hoping to declare it myself, to avoid getting a strike eventually if it gets noticed or even to potentially share revenue on the video. Right now I have the video not monetized and never has been.

So basically I am wondering if there is somewhere in the video settings where I can do this?

Thank you

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't think there is a way to manually declare, unfortunately. However, i think that the Music Policies listing is meant to be a sort of "safe harbor" to let you know that if or when the cover is identified in content ID, then based on the music policies, you can predict what the copyright owner will do -- so if it says revenue sharing is allowed, then even if content ID doesn't immediately kick in, it should allow for revenue sharing when it does kick in.