Is the YouTube diamond play button made of diamond?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This might sound stupid to ask but I was wondering if the youtube play diamond play button is made of diamond and is there a financial reword that comes with it?

Reactions: pevail

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The diamond play button would sooner be made out of cardboard spray-painted blue than out of real diamonds. Real diamond is pretty expensive. Most people can't afford a diamond wedding ring, let alone the giant hunk of diamond it would take to make a play button. YouTube's not gonna splurge that much money for its creators. lol

Not a stupid question, though. I've read that it's actually made out of a silver-plated metal with a crystal on it to make it look diamond. And no, there's no financial reward. The only financial reward YouTube gives out comes in the p**s yellow circle we call Demonetization.

Reactions: videoeditgr

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No its not made of diamond. At the size of the award the diamond would be worth $millions.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The diamond play button would sooner be made out of cardboard spray-painted blue than out of real diamonds. Real diamond is pretty expensive. Most people can't afford a diamond wedding ring, let alone the giant hunk of diamond it would take to make a play button. YouTube's not gonna splurge that much money for its creators. lol

Not a stupid question, though. I've read that it's actually made out of a silver-plated metal with a crystal on it to make it look diamond. And no, there's no financial reward. The only financial reward YouTube gives out comes in the p**s yellow circle we call Demonetization.
Thanks man That's what I wanted to know

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I don’t think the biggest diamonds on earth are even as big as the button. Would be nice though

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'd like to have a diamond Play button, too. Even if it were just made out of plastics or cheap glass...
I'm still as far away from it as the earth from the sun, I think.