Is the lack of Niche killing my channel? ie; Do I have to be just a "Travel" or a "Disney" youtuber?

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, so a while back, due to my inconsistent posting, I decided to try something new with my channel, which was to rant on controversial subjects that I hear about on the news or on the internet. Those videos in turn were a hit on my channel (gaining over a thousand views in a short period of time). However, one video where I did a rebuttal against a big Youtuber stirred up quite a bit of hate, although the video blew up too quick for its own good (1000+ in a mere 4 hours), I decided to pull the plug and private it. I put that series on a hold since then.

The whole few weeks where I did videos on more controversial subjects got me an extra few thousand views plus about 150 more subscribers. However, after that last one, I think it took a toll on me and I decided to take a vacation and have been posting travel/day adventure vlogs ever since.

Those videos don't get nearly as much views and my subscriber count has stagnated since. I do have a 4 part series coming soon just solely about my trip to Disneyland and another few based on a few more adventures around the world. How should I balance out what topics to put on my channel? (like can I maybe do the talking vlogs, travel vlogs, and the occasional Disney video without having to be a full on "Travel Vlogger" or full time "Disney Youtuber"?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Try it all and stick with what gives you the most views as long as it is low cost and do not brake you bank