Makeing a New Gaming Channel. worth the effort?

• yea go for it man!

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • nah it over done mate.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Razz_

Made you look didn't eye #gottem
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
so i think gaming channels are very very common but i was wondering if you guys think its kinda to late to start a successful gaming channel? my friend is thinking about starting one and i don't want to tell him is a bad idea but again i don't want to tell him its a amazing idea. just wanna know the facts and any advice you guys have. i have thought about starting a successful gaming channel. i really made 4 channels but ehh i like how my channels it sturning out. let me know what you guys think. is it too late to start a successful gaming channel or is there still time in this gold rush??

Reactions: Sk Jony

Razz_

Made you look didn't eye #gottem
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
nah man its never too late.
look if jinx can make it doing literally nothing, you can make it doing whatever kind of channel you want
lol i guess that's true but hes cheating his way up. freaking rip off.

Rod71

I've Got It
Reaction score
If revenue is important, from what I see around here gaming channels attract rubbish $ per 1000 views. But if you enjoy doing it, go for it :)

MichaelP

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes it depends on yourself, sometimes it won't be about the game, but about yourself, maybe they'll enjoy the game more with you playing it and find it more attractive.

You never know man, you never know.

Reactions: Rae Talks and Razz_

Unholychaos

Reaction score
It cant hurt if you don't invest alot in it before really taking off. You can start with all free stuff and produce quality content afaik. If you go about it as just you enjoying what you're doing, and not think about the monetary gains then you'll have a more optimistic viewpoint

Reactions: Sk Jony

PocketPaul

PocketGamer & Professional Rambler
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its never to late! It defiantly has more competition for the audience but if you work hard and do well with promotion etc you can be successful for sure. I personally think it takes longer for your hard work to get noticed or to "get the ball moving" due to the high numbers of creators on YouTube.

If he is passionate about it or really wants to start one id let your friend make one and with your advice maybe he has a head start against some other new YouTubers.

Reactions: Razz_

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
If revenue is important, from what I see around here gaming channels attract rubbish $ per 1000 views. But if you enjoy doing it, go for it :)
My cpm is $3-$4

Don't know where you get your sources from.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think with all the crappy gaming channels out there people are desperately searching for quality and something with a twist. As the community is really big and well connected you might really skyrocket if you can offer that.