Is the Gaming section in the video forums "dead"?

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. This question has been in my head for quite some time.
I know A LOT of people are posting in the forum so it's not really dead but that's about it. It feels like everyone is posting their content in there but nobody is actually watching said content. There's posts from October that are still getting bumped up to this day.

Is somebody here that is consciously going to the video forums to find and watch new content?

KennelMaster

Reaction score
Personally and without sounding shallow, I don’t enjoy watching somebody else playing games. Maybe the younger generation might enjoy it because they can’t play 18+ but apart from that I never could understand how big gamers got so famous.

Don’t wanna be a buzz kill it’s just my opinion.

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally and without sounding shallow, I don’t enjoy watching somebody else playing games. Maybe the younger generation might enjoy it because they can’t play 18+ but apart from that I never could understand how big gamers got so famous.

Don’t wanna be a buzz kill it’s just my opinion.
Understandable! But in this case you neither produce nor consume this kind of content, which means you're not active in this part of the forums.
My concern is that the number of posts is huge but in the end it has little to no effect on your videos and channel because at least in this forum the supply is huge and the demand is really low.

I feel like there could be better places to promote your stuff more effectively...

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You are right tbf i think the thing with forums is that there's not really an audience on them so gaining traction through simply posting to a section won't gain that much traction. Although i have found a few channels i enjoy through this forum it's not really got a viewing audience so much as a place for feedback/conversation/collaboration etc. so that may be why that sections feels dead.

Reactions: TheAustrianGuys

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are right tbf i think the thing with forums is that there's not really an audience on them so gaining traction through simply posting to a section won't gain that much traction. Although i have found a few channels i enjoy through this forum it's not really got a viewing audience so much as a place for feedback/conversation/collaboration etc. so that may be why that sections feels dead.
Good argument, I'm with you on this! I also found some channels I enjoy watching and interacting with. It's also a good way of meeting fellow countrymen and -women that enjoy doing the same Thing :D

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Wow I had never realized this, but it definitely makes sense. I don’t make gaming videos, but occasionally I watch them. However, when it comes to YtTalk, I just watch stuff people want opinions on in the review section and sometimes gaming videos come up. I can see the ratio for posting videos to actual views being very skewed.

Reactions: TheAustrianGuys

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow I had never realized this, but it definitely makes sense. I don’t make gaming videos, but occasionally I watch them. However, when it comes to YtTalk, I just watch stuff people want opinions on in the review section and sometimes gaming videos come up. I can see the ratio for posting videos to actual views being very skewed.
I know right! I finally came to the conclusion that a forum like this one is more for reviewing content and improving it based on other peoples feedback than for promoting it.
I think it's important to know that if you want an actual opinion on a video you need to post it in the review section and if you want to just get it out into the world you can post it in the video forums.

Last edited:

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It has always been like that.
It's just a place to poop out your videos and have no one watch them.