Is the Christmas season being good with your YT earnings?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually Novemer starts down slightly from October but then things pick up closer to Thanksgiving, then it really opens up through December 25th, sometimes carrying into January 1-2. In general in December we expect to make 2-3 times what we make in our lowest month.

Reactions: Crown

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I donno, but my rpm or whatever has always been low. I worked it out since 2014,

Nov 14 - £0.48p
Dec 14 - £0.49p

Nov 15 - £0.31p
Dec 15 - £0.37p

Nov 16 - £0.64p
Dec 16 - £0.69p

Nov 17 (so far) - £0.62p

so far it's down by 7p, but I wouldn't say that's really close to final number till the month is done.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually Novemer starts down slightly from October but then things pick up closer to Thanksgiving, then it really opens up through December 25th, sometimes carrying into January 1-2. In general in December we expect to make 2-3 times what we make in our lowest month.
Checking on your videos, I'm sure your views climb out during Halloween. Nice videos!!!

I'm not at the point to be able to monetize yet. But people always talk that Christmas is a good time to drive more views. So I guess it is a good time for those who want to reach their first 10K views.

Reactions: babyteeth4

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
This is my first year at it, so only time will tell, but I have made a few bucks more each month so hopefully it will continue that way.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started in March of this year, so I don’t have year-over-year stats to compare, but I was curious. Using the formula Crown provided in his/her post my October 2017 RPM was $4.53 and thus far for November it’s $4.70.

Reactions: Crown

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
oh wow, that's really low. Ouch. I guess I shouldn't be complaining so much about current levels. ^^
I started in March of this year, so I don’t have year-over-year stats to compare, but I was curious. Using the formula Crown provided in his/her post my October 2017 RPM was $4.53 and thus far for November it’s $4.70.
I'm curious what your ratio of Monetized Playbacks to views is. Are you getting a lot more of your views having ads on them than me, or are the ads just more premium because your channel has better stats?

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm curious what your ratio of Monetized Playbacks to views is. Are you getting a lot more of your views having ads on them than me, or are the ads just more premium because your channel has better stats?
October
Estimated monetized playbacks: 119,223
Total views: 129,456

November (to date)
Estimated monetized playbacks: 56,530
Total views: 67,403

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
October
Estimated monetized playbacks: 119,223
Total views: 129,456

November (to date)
Estimated monetized playbacks: 56,530
Total views: 67,403
Oh wow! 92% of your views were monetized playbacks for October, and 84% of them were for November so far.

For mine, 40% of my views were monetized playbacks for October, and 41% of them were for November so far. That explains a lot of the difference in our RPMs. I wonder how much of it is copyright claims on my videos. I just appealed all my claims (at least 60 claims) this last week, so we'll see how much difference it makes once they clear.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh wow! 92% of your views were monetized playbacks for October, and 84% of them were for November so far.

For mine, 40% of my views were monetized playbacks for October, and 41% of them were for November so far. That explains a lot of the difference in our RPMs. I wonder how much of it is copyright claims on my videos. I just appealed all my claims (at least 60 claims) this last week, so we'll see how much difference it makes once they clear.
Good luck! Very fun channel you got there! Interesting concept!