Is subscribing to big you tubers helpful

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have told being new and getting 20 views per vid was to subscribe to all the big you tubers. Is that right or just a myth? I hope this post belongs here

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They talk about suggestions of people to follow on the right side of the screen, who knows if my name comes up or any name. Its just what I heard and had no idea

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
They talk about suggestions of people to follow on the right side of the screen,
Are you talking about the suggested channels on the profile page?

Anyway, I don't think just subscribing will help much. However, ENGAGING in the community of a big Youtuber will! Get involved in their comments, events and social media and people will start recognizing your name at some point. I'm not saying you should spam comments all over their videos, but I'm talking about activily contributing to their community.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you could make relevant comments on their videos (not comments like "check out my channel and such), could help you get some traffic! I have made some comments on a Matthew Santoro video and one person came from that and subscribed to my channel.

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Related channels are not related to who you are subscribed to, it's related to if you make similar content and general size, subscribe to people you like don't do it just because you want promotion.

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
Are you talking about the suggested channels on the profile page?

Anyway, I don't think just subscribing will help much. However, ENGAGING in the community of a big Youtuber will! Get involved in their comments, events and social media and people will start recognizing your name at some point. I'm not saying you should spam comments all over their videos, but I'm talking about activily contributing to their community.
You nailed it on this response.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Being subscribed doesn't really do anything for you simply because YouTube doesn't advertise the subscribers of every large creator; only they can see new additions on their accounts but they'll get thousands a day so it's not like you'd stand out. The best way of getting noticed is to consistently upload new content and remain active elsewhere. The more of you there is to see, the more you'll be seen.

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you all for your replies. I didnt get it when the guy told me, thats why I asked what he was talking about. I couldnt figure out how subscribing to a big you tuber can get me more subs, sounded kind of off to me. THanks for all your suggestions and comments, Its been really helpfull

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Related channels are not related to who you are subscribed to, it's related to if you make similar content and general size, subscribe to people you like don't do it just because you want promotion.
I was once a related channel to PewDiePie. I don't think its about size, however, similar content and tags perhaps.