Is subs4subs worth it

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
In the long run, it doesn´t work at all, as everybody doing are just focused on themselves and numbers, that they doesn´t care about other peoples videos, and will just see a few seconds of a video, just enough to post an copy-pasted comment, to check out their own channel!

Reactions: Wahduhhec

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
People probably wont like my opinion on this, but I think, regarding the new policies that YouTube is rolling out Feb 20th that Sub4Sub will be very useful to new creators hoping to get monetization quickly.

Obviously these people will still need the minimum number of hours watched, but it kind of eliminates the need for a minimum number of subscribers IMO. As much as a sympathize with YouTube changing their policies, I think that all this is going to do is feed the Sub4Sub systems out there, and unfortunately it's going to create a market for view bots as well.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People probably wont like my opinion on this, but I think, regarding the new policies that YouTube is rolling out Feb 20th that Sub4Sub will be very useful to new creators hoping to get monetization quickly.

Obviously these people will still need the minimum number of hours watched, but it kind of eliminates the need for a minimum number of subscribers IMO. As much as a sympathize with YouTube changing their policies, I think that all this is going to do is feed the Sub4Sub systems out there, and unfortunately it's going to create a market for view bots as well.
Doubtful. Along with that announcement, Youtube said they would be MANUALLY REVIEWING each channel that applies for monetization. There’s no way you can build a subscriber base with sub4sub while maintaining proportionally associated watchtime, proportional engagement AND paid views. It’s a dead giveaway. YouTube is already very quick to find paid views based on simple IP watch addresses. Thousands of channels a day are deleted and demonetized due to this. Nothing about this announcement will stop that. Yes, people will try, but that doesn’t mean they will be successful. The days of fake channels with paid views uploading copyrighted content for ad revenue is over. The foundation of YouTube as a business depends on it, and they’ve been crucified in the media and by Creators for over a year for precisely that. They won’t let a cheeky kid buying views and subs ruin that. It’s a trivial matter to identify and act upon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wahduhhec

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Doubtful. Along with that announcement, Youtube said they would be MANUALLY REVIEWING each channel that applies for monetization. There’s no way you can build a subscriber base with sub4sub while maintaining proportionally associated watchtime, proportional engagement AND paid views. It’s a dead giveaway. YouTube is already very quick to find paid views based on simple IP watch addresses. Thousands of channels a day are deleted and demonetized due to this. Nothing about this announcement will stop that. Yes, people will try, but that doesn’t mean they will be successful. The days of fake channels with paid views uploading copyrighted content for ad revenue is over. The foundation of YouTube as a business depends on it, and they’ve been crucified in the media and by Creators for over a year for precisely that. They won’t let a cheeky kid buying views and subs ruin that. It’s a trivial matter to identify and act upon.
I wonder how long YouTube will manually review channels for? That seems like a daunting task, especially if there are a few of those channels that somehow slip through the cracks of the algorithm. Maybe I'm over estimating how many channels will still qualify with the new requirements.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wonder how long YouTube will manually review channels for? That seems like a daunting task, especially if there are a few of those channels that somehow slip through the cracks of the algorithm. Maybe I'm over estimating how many channels will still qualify with the new requirements.
I think the number of channels that actually hit the subscriber and view count and are eligible to be reviewed will be few and far between. They say if you have a channel with 100 subscribers, you are in the top 5% of youtube channels. When talking about hitting the numbers they now require, there won't be a ton. But YouTube was literally staring down the barrel of a gun and their advertisers were demanding action, and their response to the adpocolypse was underwhelming, and they knew it. I truly think this is a new leaf for YouTube. We shall see. But there won't be nearly as many channels vying for ad approval as there have been in the past. Plus, YouTube recently announced they just hired 10,000+ new employees to police these new rules.

Reactions: BrettMikaluk

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
This is so stupid. So stupid. I’m sorry for sounding nasty if I am, but sub4sub is just NOT how you do it. Earn it like an honest hard working person. If you enjoy this and really see a future for yourself, you don’t cheat. You make stuff and grow a following when they enjoy your stuff. When you enter this in hopes that it becomes a job, it becomes part of the “entertainment business” and in the entertainment business, you don’t get hand outs. Unless the director is a skeeze and trades sexual favors for roles in a movie.(which shouldn’t be happening) Sorry again if I sound mean, I don’t intend it that way. I just get passionate.