Is renting a space to record too much?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So, for starters, my channel revolves around workout videos... I've been recording them in my living room but the other day I thought about renting a space (like a dance studio) to record my videos. Is that overkill? How important is the background in my video, and do you consider it less "professional" to be recording at home instead of a gym or dance space?

Thanks in advance,
HM

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't think so, if it's within your budget. My boyfriend and I rent a separate studio for our business for about $900/mo but I'm sure if you don't live in the city it would be cheaper. I really enjoy the privacy.

I don't think it's necessarily less "professional" but it is definitely easier to have a space to specifically record so you don't have to continuously set up and take down after every shoot.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I don't think so, if it's within your budget. My boyfriend and I rent a separate studio for our business for about $900/mo but I'm sure if you don't live in the city it would be cheaper. I really enjoy the privacy.

I don't think it's necessarily less "professional" but it is definitely easier to have a space to specifically record so you don't have to continuously set up and take down after every shoot.
Thanks for the reply Brandon, I do live in the city but I'm sure I can find something in my budget

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
If you can afford it and think is for the best go for it! :)

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Idunno. I'd say see what it would cost per month and how much of it the channel would pay for. If you've got steady growth, maybe get it once the monthly revenue was enough to pay half of it, and only if it wasn't going to interfere with bills. That's how I'd handle it, anyway.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Idunno. I'd say see what it would cost per month and how much of it the channel would pay for. If you've got steady growth, maybe get it once the monthly revenue was enough to pay half of it, and only if it wasn't going to interfere with bills. That's how I'd handle it, anyway.
Sounds like a good enough plan... I've only just started so, at this point in time the channel would be paying for none of it. might be best to wait

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think, in the long term, if you really want to grow your channel, you'll need a better background than your living room. But at what point to make that leap, that is a judgement call : ) Good luck! I'm going to check out your channel.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think, in the long term, if you really want to grow your channel, you'll need a better background than your living room. But at what point to make that leap, that is a judgement call : ) Good luck! I'm going to check out your channel.
Thank you for the reply, you make a great point..

and i hope you enjoy my content!

Reactions: Hulio

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the reply, you make a great point..

and i hope you enjoy my content!
It was great! I commented there : )

To contradict what I said a bit... a lot of really big channels started in very humble locations and SD cameras. Your editing was quite professional, so just keep creating and making improvements over time and hopefully it all goes well!