Is posting once a week not enough?

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't think once a week is enough. I'm struggling to increase my weekly posting also...but it is a good start. Good luck

FurryFriends

Reaction score
i personally think quality is more important than quantity... 1 high quality video might be better than multiple ones with lesser quality?... it might also take a lot of time to post more frequently too...

Reactions: pouchkids

Mr.raspberryxd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just took a look at your channel, and it looks like you're just starting out! Congratulations! Now, here's my advice. YouTube will begin to recognize you as a channel after you achieve the following: Your first 100 subscribers, Your first 100 videos, and Your first 100K views. That's when the algorithm will work harder to promote you. So, the warning here is that if you post 1 video per week, it will feel like forever when you finally post your 100th video. I've only gotten to 60 videos since May 2016, and it feels like I've been doing YouTube forever (which is true, since I technically started YouTube with a different account in 2011, but..) from my experience, you want to up your game. But don't forget that quality matters over quantity! You have to find the perfect balance. 1 a week at minimum, but try to aim for 2-3! :)
this was so helpful lol l never thought of it like that XD but ur so right i think i got 53 videos so far and 182 subs so im on the right track but im not there yet

Imran matloob

Reaction score
I post when I get free time, I just enjoy making gaming videos though, I find it really fun! and If I can make people laugh, thats even better! :D Post when you feel like it man! :D

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just took a look at your channel, and it looks like you're just starting out! Congratulations! Now, here's my advice. YouTube will begin to recognize you as a channel after you achieve the following: Your first 100 subscribers, Your first 100 videos, and Your first 100K views. That's when the algorithm will work harder to promote you. So, the warning here is that if you post 1 video per week, it will feel like forever when you finally post your 100th video. I've only gotten to 60 videos since May 2016, and it feels like I've been doing YouTube forever (which is true, since I technically started YouTube with a different account in 2011, but..) from my experience, you want to up your game. But don't forget that quality matters over quantity! You have to find the perfect balance. 1 a week at minimum, but try to aim for 2-3! :)
For the 100K view, is it cumulative or per video?

DoubleDingle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It really depends on the type of videos you make. If you post too much your viewers might get fatigue and not wanna watch. I think for your type of channel 2 videos a week is fine.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
IF you're posting once a week, it better look like it took all week to make.
Did you restart your channel? i swear i have seen your video in the signature before.

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive only just started a month ago with YouTube and aim to make it my full time job. As it stands now i chose to upload one video every 5 days at a fixed hour which is ok for a biginning channel i think, but the aim would probably be to go for 2 vids a week once i have some content in back up. 3 would be to much as the content im posting takes quite some time to make.

Im quite new to all this, but i think personally that it depends on the content you post,
- is it easy to make like filming some musician on the street and then do a voiceover on it, or is it hard and timeconsuming.
- how much effort went in to the editing
- is it a solo channel or are there several people working on it.

I may be wrong, but thats what i think. :)
Goodluck.