Is posting once a week not enough?

OneSpeak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no not enough, get it up to 2-3 times a week, that would help u to grow ur channel in faster way.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
i have the slowest upload rate ever, but it works for my content, social media like twitter can do wonders for you not being forgotten by viewers.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just took a look at your channel, and it looks like you're just starting out! Congratulations! Now, here's my advice. YouTube will begin to recognize you as a channel after you achieve the following: Your first 100 subscribers, Your first 100 videos, and Your first 100K views. That's when the algorithm will work harder to promote you. So, the warning here is that if you post 1 video per week, it will feel like forever when you finally post your 100th video. I've only gotten to 60 videos since May 2016, and it feels like I've been doing YouTube forever (which is true, since I technically started YouTube with a different account in 2011, but..) from my experience, you want to up your game. But don't forget that quality matters over quantity! You have to find the perfect balance. 1 a week at minimum, but try to aim for 2-3! :)
I noticed that I'm starting to get noticed by the algorithm... But just curious... I reach 100k views, and 1000 subs... But not 100 videos yet. Do you think it will rapidly increase the traffic of suggested video and browse feature when I get 100 videos??

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I noticed that I'm starting to get noticed by the algorithm... But just curious... I reach 100k views, and 1000 subs... But not 100 videos yet. Do you think it will rapidly increase the traffic of suggested video and browse feature when I get 100 videos??
I think it definitely would, so long as the 100 videos you put out are put out correctly. And what I mean by that is not like screwing over your schedule if you have one and not uploading spam. It's about making your current subs happy while attracting new ones. Now, you're obviously doing better than I am at YouTube, but from the research I've done, YouTube has a 100 rule with the algorithm and for it to even consider automatically massively promoting you, you need to pass all three of those fields. That's how Let's Players were able to get easily popular back in the day before YouTube became over saturated with them. They could upload content faster than animators and by uploading parts of a series, they would get more overall views, since when a person watches a part 1 to a series, they tend to watch a part 2 and so on. And since they would post often, it would encourage more people to sub so they don't miss out on new videos. :)

Ryan Kuznicki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I firmly believe at least 3 times a week is plenty and suitable. I know I have been slacking in that department and I am trying to fix it but my schedule right now is not allowing it. But yea the 3 times a week because it not only is just enough videos but also quality matters to dont rush uploads but dont also try to make a 10 minute youtube video look like an imax movie lol.

Casidhe Lianna

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I post minimum 3 videos a week always on the same days. my sister however is still in school and only posts 1-2 videos a week and is growing much less than I am and has a higher rate of unsubscribers. Consistency is key and think of it as a tv series, people get impatient waiting for the next episode if there is only 1 per week so they will get bored and go elsewhere where they can binge watch content

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Tryna make once a week is possible. Depends on the type of content

Reactions: dineANDrhyme

anNiallation

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I try and post a new animation every weekend but it ends up being so difficult. I always end up pulling an all nighter just to get it done

ShuriBear

Reaction score
Depends. If the one video you post will be a better video then I believe it's better to have one video instead of two/three. But if you can release two/three videos with the same quality and consistently I advice you to do that.