Is posting once a week not enough?

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Me and my sister have a food blog and we added this YouTube channel to film the places she wrote about. We only post once a week, is that enough? I feel like everyone says to post 2 or 3 times just so your subscribers don't forget about you. What do you guys think?
They wont forget about you bud, your videos hopefully will come up in their notifications if they have clicked the bell, but i would keep in mind your own goals. Are you wanting to grow fast or have no real goal for this aspect. If you are happy then i would just post when you can and if that's once a week that will do. Also then keep in mind that this will reflect on speed of growth. You may see a fall in your own enjoyment too, the longer your channel goes on and the slower it spreads its wings. I would if possible try at least twice a week but i would not commit to this if you don't enjoy trying to post twice a week.

The first aspect of any channel is " your own enjoyment " this is a must i reckon if you want to last the test of time. If you only enjoy doing it once a week then do it once a week, but find ways to multiply the adds. I would also try and make it that you post on one day with the vid and your sister posts a few days later with maybe a slideshow or the write up from the blog, giving it really a twice a week schedule that something is happening but still giving you a once a week spot per manager :)

kind regards
dadrules

Last edited:

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
They wont forget about you bud, your videos hopefully will come up in their notifications if they have clicked the bell, but i would keep in mind your own goals. Are you wanting to grow fast or have no real goal for this aspect. If you are happy then i would just post when you can and if that's once a week that will do. Also then keep in mind that this will reflect on speed of growth. You may see a fall in your own enjoyment too, the longer your channel goes on and the slower it spreads its wings. I would if possible try at least twice a week but i would not commit to this if you don't enjoy trying to post twice a week.

The first aspect of any channel is " your own enjoyment " this is a must i reckon if you want to last the test of time. If you only enjoy doing it once a week then do it once a week, but find ways to multiply the adds. I would also try and make it that you post on one day with the vid and your sister posts a few days later with maybe a slideshow or the write up from the blog, giving it really a twice a week schedule that something is happening but still giving you a once a week spot per manager :)

kind regards
dadrules
My goal is to grow this blog/vlog into something great so I don't know if posting once a week will do that, but I like the idea of adding another video maybe following up on the first video. I'll think more about that and see what it could possibly be about. Thanks for advice!

Reactions: Dadrules

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I post once a week, because research and writing takes time - not to mention filming and editing on top of that!
If you're worried about people forgetting about you, make yourself known. Maintain an active social media presence and stay on top of your comments.
Engage with this community, too - after a while, you'll begin to recognise particular names and avatars, so image what that could do for you!

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
I don,t get this posting 3 or 4 times a week. How could the content be interesting by throwing any old stuff up there.

Reactions: dineANDrhyme

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like I don't want to make promises I might not be able to keep. I know I can post every week and I know this blog/vlog thing is something unique. So, for now, I'm going to keep posting once a week and really focus all my energy on that!

Jack Tiong

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Although I'm not a big Youtuber but personally I think that we should always put our focus on the quality of the video instead of the quantity. On top of that, most of us here has a full time job to cope with so my advise is to follow your pace (one video every week should be enough) and focus on making quality videos. Peace! :)

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to post once a week when I had less subs. It works out pretty good. Unless you can push out good quality content don't over do it.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Depends on the content. Imo you should be posting more often. Basicaly ask yourself would you wait a week to see a certain video. For instance a good quality animation or a music video or acting sketch. Yes. Gaming videos and vlogs? not really, at least for me. You have nice videos, as in good quality, but they are a bit short imho. My 2 cents tho :)

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
Depends on the content. Imo you should be posting more often. Basicaly ask yourself would you wait a week to see a certain video. For instance a good quality animation or a music video or acting sketch. Yes. Gaming videos and vlogs? not really, at least for me. You have nice videos, as in good quality, but they are a bit short imho. My 2 cents tho :)
We wanted to keep them short just because long videos get pretty boring, we wanted it to be straight to the point but thanks for the advice, I'll def sit more on it!

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a firm believer that unfortunately once a week isn't enough in today's age. With the amount of people producing content, your fans can very easily forget about you if you're not always exposing yourselves to them!

Reactions: dineANDrhyme