Is posting once a week not enough?

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
Me and my sister have a food blog and we added this YouTube channel to film the places she wrote about. We only post once a week, is that enough? I feel like everyone says to post 2 or 3 times just so your subscribers don't forget about you. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Dadrules

FirstOrderEntertainment

Lama Dictator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator, Other
I do believe 2 or 3 times is better for the channel but if you have a specific day every week I think it might be fine but I recommend 2-3 times but good luck:)

Reactions: dineANDrhyme

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I just took a look at your channel, and it looks like you're just starting out! Congratulations! Now, here's my advice. YouTube will begin to recognize you as a channel after you achieve the following: Your first 100 subscribers, Your first 100 videos, and Your first 100K views. That's when the algorithm will work harder to promote you. So, the warning here is that if you post 1 video per week, it will feel like forever when you finally post your 100th video. I've only gotten to 60 videos since May 2016, and it feels like I've been doing YouTube forever (which is true, since I technically started YouTube with a different account in 2011, but..) from my experience, you want to up your game. But don't forget that quality matters over quantity! You have to find the perfect balance. 1 a week at minimum, but try to aim for 2-3! :)

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Me and my sister have a food blog and we added this YouTube channel to film the places she wrote about. We only post once a week, is that enough? I feel like everyone says to post 2 or 3 times just so your subscribers don't forget about you. What do you guys think?
I post maybe every 2 weeks. Even then i get super anxious and feel bad for the slow upload. I just want to make quality content im happy with. Regardless i think its okay and as long as you are enjoying it and others are as well. I dont think a week is long enough to forget about a channel!

Reactions: dineANDrhyme

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Speaking out of experience I think I should starting posting at least twice a week maybe even three. Currently I'm doing one a week and not even on schedule which is definitely a no no.
So I agree try your best to post 2-3 but don't burn out! :) good luck

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm gonna take a different approach to this. I post 5 times a week, but that's because my content isn't that hard to make. Posting once a week is enough if you are seeing growth on your channel. You should only post more if you know you can stay consistent with it. Otherwise, do not do it because people will become upset that you are not posting often enough.

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
I appreciate all the wonderful advice honestly!! I think we're gonna step it up a notch and post twice a week! Thanks guys!!

Reactions: Brandon

Kcomics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If your content is very good and get people hooked then you can get away with fewer uploads. But if your content is not as captivating and short, you should upload more frequently

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Posting one time a week isn't too bad, but yes 2-3 times is better. If that's difficult to do you can try breaking up your videos into parts, if you increase the amount of time you're recording then you'll have plenty of footage to work with.