Is my network ripping me off? + Adsense VS a Network

NicsterV

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi!

I get approximately 7,000 views a day on my YouTube channel and I just released a video a couple weeks ago that is slowly starting to rise up in views. It got 10,000 views alone yesterday and my other videos probably got around 5000 as well. It's pretty obvious I get a decent amount of views, and I was wondering if a network partnership or Google Adsense would be better for me. I'm partnered with Age of Gaming currently, so I don't really know if they pay too well compared to other networks. If it helps, my video I uploaded that is starting to get more views, is a try not to laugh challenge. So far, it has gotten $37 from 59,000 views. (before 20% rev share is taken off). Is this a reasonable amount for the type of video I uploaded? Or am I being ripped of from my network and should move to Adsense or a DIFFERENT network?

Thanks in advance,
Nic

six cylinder

Keeping Yttalk safe since 1967 im the Vigilante
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
80/20 is a pretty good cut

NicsterV

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes but is $37 for 59,000 views considered good?

six cylinder

Keeping Yttalk safe since 1967 im the Vigilante
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm seems like there cpm is .001 cents per view(correct me if I'm wrong) and the average seems to be .008 maybe see if you join a better one idk

Krozjin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unless the CPM is set my the network, your CPM is calculated by youtube, not your network. They just give you your cut after they take their 20%. Your CPM is calculated based on monetized views, actual views don't matter, as well as view duration / audience retention, and some others. This is why two people that have the same views will basically never earn the same amount. If you like your network, stay with them, going to another one won't change your CPM, networks don't decide those. (Unless it's a fixed contract CPM).

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi!

I get approximately 7,000 views a day on my YouTube channel and I just released a video a couple weeks ago that is slowly starting to rise up in views. It got 10,000 views alone yesterday and my other videos probably got around 5000 as well. It's pretty obvious I get a decent amount of views, and I was wondering if a network partnership or Google Adsense would be better for me. I'm partnered with Age of Gaming currently, so I don't really know if they pay too well compared to other networks. If it helps, my video I uploaded that is starting to get more views, is a try not to laugh challenge. So far, it has gotten $37 from 59,000 views. (before 20% rev share is taken off). Is this a reasonable amount for the type of video I uploaded? Or am I being ripped of from my network and should move to Adsense or a DIFFERENT network?

Thanks in advance,
Nic
Depends on your viewers. Usually Americans (North and South) and Europeans gives a lot of CPM.

Jack1505

PandaMan
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Ad-Sense is very good, I only joined a network is it had good bonuses such as free music, forums and other stuff.
It depends if you can make it big by yourself or with others

NicsterV

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Views and earnings just updated again. $43.26 for 69,000 views in total. Is this good?