is my narration really bad? feedback appreciated

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So i have always wanted to make youtube content, but always put off by not wanting to do the voice over. I really hate my voice. I uploaded my first 3 videos earlier this week (audio will be same on any of them). I know I can't be someone i'm not but would like to know if at least they are bearable? Or any tips to sound better?

2nd, I am using iPhone 6 plus for recording. I know a dslr will be better and have researched a little already. Can you tell its not a proper cam or does the video quality appear ok for the type of videos I'm making.

Didn't really want to post this one but i guess i can't learn unless I get an some outside opinion. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
The audio sounds pretty good to me, but you may want to boost it with a program like Audacity. It's a free program and it can really help your vocal tracks sound professional. The only problem is that you'll need a separate vocal track. You can probably duplicate the video file and convert it to an MP3, then load it to Audacity.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Most people hate the sound of their own voice, so don't be discouraged by that at all. Your video and audio quality are fine. Your biggest challenge imo is how you tell a story. It just sounds kinda flat. The easiest example of that is when you ask ''but what if your tile is out of range?'' at 1:40 - 1:44 in your latest video. There is no animation within your voice there, you are hardly even asking a question if you listen to how you say it.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks 65tringmadman I'll check out that programme. Thanks MentallGames, I see what you mean. I think for my next vids i'll play them back quite a few times over and re take any parts like that until i can get them right. Thanks for kind comments btw appreciated. The parts you point out give me something to work on.