Is my mic broken?

MrBruce

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just a few days ago I started to hear a large Static buzz when using my Blue Yeti microphone. And it is only on the left side of the recorded track, the right side is fine.
Even when I mute the mic the static sound is very apparent.
I have not done anything to my setup when this happened, and I have been searching youtube and forums for answers.
I have not found any tips so far that seems to fix the problem and then I found a forum where people said their Blue Yeti had broken after about a year.
Has anyone else had this problem? And if my mic is broken, any suggestions for a quality mic that won't break after a year? :)

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Might possibly be the fault of the USB port itself. Have you tried plugging the mic into different ports on your PC?

It could also be a faulty headphone jack on your mic.

MrBruce

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Might possibly be the fault of the USB port itself. Have you tried plugging the mic into different ports on your PC?

It could also be a faulty headphone jack on your mic.
Yes I have tried different usb ports and it's the same everywhere
I don't run my headphones through the mic so it's not that either.
Thanks for answering :)

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yes I have tried different usb ports and it's the same everywhere
I don't run my headphones through the mic so it's not that either.
Thanks for answering :)
Woow, that's strange indeed. Maybe it really is the mic itself if that's the case. Apart from trying to reinstall/update drivers or replacing the USB cable, I can't think of any other troubleshooting tips.

How long have you had your mic for? :eek:

MrBruce

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Woow, that's strange indeed. Maybe it really is the mic itself if that's the case. Apart from trying to reinstall/update drivers or replacing the USB cable, I can't think of any other troubleshooting tips.

How long have you had your mic for? :eek:
I have not tried those things, I will try to reinstall the drivers and try another cabel (if I have one? hehe)
I have had the mic for about a year, mabye one and a half.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have not tried those things, I will try to reinstall the drivers and try another cabel (if I have one? hehe)
I have had the mic for about a year, mabye one and a half.
Haha, well if those two things don't work, you'll probably have to join the #MyBlueYetiOnlyLastedAYear Club. Let us know how it goes with the stuff I mentioned! :laugh2: