Is my content okay?

Thumbs182

Reaction score
I'm very new to the YouTube life, and currently only have 3 videos up, but will have more at the weekend, and i just wanted to ask here, if anyone thinks it at least decent? i know the videos are jittery, but that was my bad obviously and it will be fixed for this weeks videos if you would like to watch them too and let me know what you think please? :) just hoping for some friendly advice as i find my YouTube style, thank you very much in advance :D

My youtube name is AceOfSpaceGaming - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwEhFtj3sVzHhBDAV7gZBaA/featured?disable_polymer=1

Pinta77

Reaction score
Yes, your videos are decent.

It's fine that you only have 3 videos up, it's always been my opinion to strive for quality over quantity. Yeah, a lot of people say you need to upload frequently, but look at Jontron. Plus there's no point in uploading frequently if the content isnt good.

Here's my opinion. (And I know you're new so bare with me.)

What is your channel about? The obvious answer is gaming, but gaming is very vague at this point. There are A LOT of different kinds of games. Not everyone likes all kinds of games. And when I look at your channel, I see 3 completely different games. Now that's not to say you cant play these 3 games on your channel, but if someone subscribed to you for Star Wars Battlefront 2, and you never play it again, you might have a problem down the road. I think you should refine the audience you are looking for.

All that being said, your brand new and it's sort of hard to judge off of 3 videos, so it's just something to keep in mind. There's nothing wrong with just experimenting right now. Maybe a certain video you make will do well and it will give you an idea.

Oh also I almost forgot. Why is your content age restricted!?!? Fix that, you're making it harder for people to see your videos. It's just one more hoop to jump through for a potential viewer. There is no reason you should be age restricting videos unless you are starting up a softcore pron channel, it will only stifle your growth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thumbs182

Thumbs182

Reaction score
Hey I thank you so much for the reply, i know it's only 3 videos so as you said its not much to base anything off of. i am trying to achieve quality but i don't think my laptop can give me top quality videos atm, but i am improving upon that.

But that refining my audience is definitely something i will work on, thank you so much for that advice! i will keep going and trying to improve my videos and quality!

Also I thought it had to be done if there was swearing? i didn't want to get banned anything haha but apparently thats not how it works? i'll take the age restrictions off then! Thank you again for the tips! :)

weeaboo sammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're funny i love how you get into it. its a little hard to here you at times. I gotta play assassins creed odyssey it looks really fun

Thumbs182

Reaction score
Aw I really thank you for finding me funny :) And i messed up the sound settings when i first started recording, but the videos I have uploaded this weekend should be better :)
Also, Odyssey... I 110% recommend it, I've absolutely loved played it! And i really like your video :) love Geeky stuff, keep at it!

weeaboo sammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O yea ill check it out now. Thanks man, Im gonna try to switch it up so i dont have to stay within stringent deadlines. It takes me forever to render video. ill probably do top tens or something idk lol.

Thumbs182

Reaction score
Yeah deadlines are difficult to keep with arent they? lol But i like the top 10 idea, I love watching top ten videos! :) And thank you for checking again to see if i fixed the audio :) can't wait to see your next video!

Reactions: weeaboo sammy

Tristanstulce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Gaming is a hard one to get exposure on. You need to have a unique style in my opinion if you want to grow.

Just really brainstorm: "What separates me from the rest?" And if there isn't anything that separates you, your growth is going to be tough, and take a lot of time, which is okay.

Ninja for example is very good at fortnite, which is how he got discovered.
Pewdiepie has been on youtube for a long long time, but he has his personality and entertainment.
Other gaming channels might be more information based where they give tips on the game and so forth.
Jev got known for raging at games.

Figure out which ones of those match your personality, mix and match if you can! Don't fake anything, but I am sure you can figure out something!

I watched a bit of the assassin's creedy odyssey video (great game) and I liked the little clip snippet before your intro, made me laugh a bit! You don't seem camera shy (or voice shy) Maybe do more highlight based videos?

Also it may help if you play games that are a bit more in demand at the moment, not saying fortnite / apex legends, but things that are new on the market.
The problem with playing assassin's creed odyssey right now is most people who are interested in it, have already played it or watched it and aren't as interested anymore.

Thumbs182

Reaction score
I thank you for the reply :) That is what im trying to do though, find my niche in the gaming youtube world, or at least find as you say, what might separate me from other gamers.

Im willing to put in the work because i know its a difficult game to try and get into, but im more than happy to be patient :) i thank you for watching and im really glad i made you laugh, and highlight videos could be good way to go so again i thank you so much for the advice :)
And yeah I just played Assassins Creed because i was already playing that and i thought just killing the mythical creatures would be better than doing a walkthrough of the game.

Again, i really thank you for the advice

Reactions: Tristanstulce