Is my channel trash? Or Do I something good?

nickyplier

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, can you guys say something about my channel? I know its not the best, but I try to make it better. But I want to know what I have to change. Am I talking trash or not enough?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey dude, have you thought about maybe filming yourself playing it so you can have a picture in picture kind of aspect? i always feel with lets play channels it is an easy way to give the video some personality and introducing your audience to who you are. There are times especially in cinematic scenes that it feels like the host could have disappeared lol !

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
More dialogue would be better, but that comes with practice, I read somewhere you wont find your balance until you have made at least 100 videos, only now on my videos is my confidence starting to grow and I feel happier in front of a microphone now, so give it time and just keep creating.

East To West Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I'd recommend that if you're starting a series, try and create a playlist that you can put them all in there. Also, try to create a thumbnail that you can adapt to all of them (Like you did with the Simpson'***** & Run).

Other than that, just keep doing your SEO, and having that passion, and it'll all work out my friend!

A.

Unanswered5s

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The channel banner looks well made, profile picture is alright in my opinion and the thumbnails are okay too. You should definitely create playlists for the videos that are apart of series as it's super helpful! Unfortunately the gaming genre is super saturated, so I can only assume that the growth will be slow for awhile. But yeah just keep going, keep practicing and you'll get much better at it. As for the question "is my channel trash" - no! Not by a long shot.

Indie Pixel

Reaction score
Hey Nicky,

I hope you're well! Never think that your own channel is trash, if you enjoy it, go with it. I'm just learning this myself. My YouTube channel is pretty much for my enjoyment now and if people want to tag along, then great! :)

I'm defo no pro by a long shot but I can offer a couple of things I've learned:

- Record in the correct aspect ratio, I can see black bars on some of your videos. It's off putting for some viewers to see this, you can stretch the video in an editor but it's not advisable. If you use a program like OBS to record you can record in a whole range of aspect rations with 720p and 1080p being the most popular.

- Audio, on one of the Simpsons videos I watched, I couldn't hear you very much due to the game volume being too high and your mic volume being too low. Again this can be fixed with OBS, you can record both your mic and game audio both on separate tracks so you can adjust them both in your editing program.

Please don't take these as negatives as I don't mean them to be. If you need help setting it up in anyway please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Thanks!

nickyplier

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Nicky,

I hope you're well! Never think that your own channel is trash, if you enjoy it, go with it. I'm just learning this myself. My YouTube channel is pretty much for my enjoyment now and if people want to tag along, then great! :)

I'm defo no pro by a long shot but I can offer a couple of things I've learned:

- Record in the correct aspect ratio, I can see black bars on some of your videos. It's off putting for some viewers to see this, you can stretch the video in an editor but it's not advisable. If you use a program like OBS to record you can record in a whole range of aspect rations with 720p and 1080p being the most popular.

- Audio, on one of the Simpsons videos I watched, I couldn't hear you very much due to the game volume being too high and your mic volume being too low. Again this can be fixed with OBS, you can record both your mic and game audio both on separate tracks so you can adjust them both in your editing program.

Please don't take these as negatives as I don't mean them to be. If you need help setting it up in anyway please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Thanks!
No no no I didnt take it as negatives. It is really good critises and I know what I have to do better than I did before. Thank you for your opinion :)

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
HI Man, your channel is looking very nice. Profile picture is incredible. The whole channel is looking very clean and you should be very proud. Keep up the great work mate!